Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so lastnight i pulled out my drive an drove around 200yards when it lost power came up with automatic braking system fault then power came back and the light stayed on my dash. I got to where i was going turned it off and on and it had cleared, maybe just a glitch?
Secondly its not really a problem i just never was told it ran on adblue not sure if thats my fault for not doing research on the car or the dealer for not telling me! Anyway i work on a farm and my tractor runs on adblue as does the lorrys we have and few other tractors too.. just wondering if i can put adblue in it my self instead of paying peugeot £10 to do something that i can do? Just wonderd where the tank was?

In all though it is a great car and i do love it lol

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
ABS stands for Advanced Braking with Steering, not automatic brake system.
Possibly an ABS sensor but getting it on diagbox would shed some light. Not sure where the Adblue tank is and can't say I know much about the system. I believe Peugeot started using this around 2013 so mine will likely have the eolys system.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it didnt say abs hence why i said automatic braking system fault as thats what it said. As the light was on the dash as if you turned the autobraking system off in the car settings menu. But once i restarted the car the fault was cleared, but yeah told dealer that they can read the fault when its in for adblue. From what i gather the tank is under the car and to fill it up theres a pipe you disconnect and pull out under neath then let gravity pull the adblue to the tank, holds 10litres and its £20 to fill up and reset the onboard computer at dealer as if you just fill the tank your self you cant reset the computer without the peugeot software guessing its like the lexia tool for citroen.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Not sure where the Adblue tank is and can't say I know much about the system. I believe Peugeot started using this around 2013 so mine will likely have the eolys system.
Adblue is a urea solution which is injected into the exhaust gasses to remove Nitrous Oxide, nothing to do with the Eolys fluid which lowers the burning temperature of the soot trapped in the PAF.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i know what adblue is as i use it at work in my tractor and lorrys etc dealer said that if you mix them together accidently you will cause alot of damage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ABS stands for Advanced Braking with Steering, not automatic brake system.
Possibly an ABS sensor but getting it on diagbox would shed some light. Not sure where the Adblue tank is and can't say I know much about the system. I believe Peugeot started using this around 2013 so mine will likely have the eolys system.

Also pretty sure abs stands for anti lock braking system but hey what do i know

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Anti lock braking system is correct but some cars do also have automatic braking systems not sure about newer peugeots whether they have it available or not.

You say car lost power if this is true then the system being shut down abbruptly is what caused the error display there is nothing wrong other than watever caused the power cut in the first place.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Don't know if it's the same on a 308 but on a 3008 the adblue tank filling point is under the spare wheel in the boot.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
These days ABS is commonly known as anti lock brakling system but when introduced it was Advanced braking with steering - meaning you still had full steering while braking allowing you to steer out of problems when braking hard.

Didn't know Peugeot employed this system and wasn't aware that it was in use and honestly don't think I would care for it myself. My apologies for my misunderstanding but I stand by my interpretation of the meaning of ABS.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Most of the Peugeots I have owned have had ABS brakes, from my 2006 206 upwards. Essentially, it's automatic Cadence braking. When you brake hard, the ABS system applies and releases the brakes many times a second preventing the wheels from locking up and therefore stopping you in a straight line. You can sometimes feel the vibration from the pedal under very hard braking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts