Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 57 plate 2.0D 407 has developed a fault whereby the heater blows hot air on the passenger side but cold air comes out of the driver's side. The car has dual climate control but both are set to the maximum heat setting. Also, when I de-activate the dual control it makes no difference - both sides are still different temperatures. Help, I'm having to drive around with a blanket covering my legs and gloves on to keep warm!:nono:

·
5,040 Posts
first welcome :cool:
second have you got any sort of warranty as this can be a very expensive fix :(

·
Registered
682 Posts
Welcome to the forum and welcome to my world! My 407 has exactly the same problem and its very expensive to fix though it can be bodged afaik. The bodge will mean having to bodge again when its gets warmer though and then bodge it again to its originally bodged way when it gets cold again.

Great fun! :lol:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Welcome to the forum and welcome to my world! My 407 has exactly the same problem and its very expensive to fix though it can be bodged afaik. The bodge will mean having to bodge again when its gets warmer though and then bodge it again to its originally bodged way when it gets cold again.

Great fun! :lol:
Hey what's the bodge?? I have exactly the same problem, passenger side is fine my side is only blowing ambient air, on the cool side of lukewarm! Which isn't a massive problem but it gets right on my tits :lol: I assume the 'bodge' doesn't involve removing the dash (fingers crossed) please tell all

Gaz

·
Registered
27 Posts
OMG - I don't want to hear this !
My previous car had this problem (Fiat Stilo) and one of the flap motor modules had sheared the drive. I repaired that but was frquently having to "re-train" the heater system. 407 has been OK so far. Is there a re-training arrangement? This basically puts the flaps and adjusters through full movement so that the computer will know when they are open and closed.

Fingers crossed...

I guess the bodge is to disconnect the flap module and adjust the drive gear manually by hand to get it set, then sticking blu-tack on to hold it in place ??

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's a quick simple job FHM.
Mine has gone again just beyond where I had the tube so I'll be looking for a better fix come summer.
For now it's a pull the radio and vent out n adjust to blow warm but not hot, n leave till I'm not gonna freeze or get soaked trying to fix it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's a quick simple job FHM.
Mine has gone again just beyond where I had the tube so I'll be looking for a better fix come summer.
For now it's a pull the radio and vent out n adjust to blow warm but not hot, n leave till I'm not gonna freeze or get soaked trying to fix it.
Hi!
I got peugeot 407 hdi executive 2006 and it has developed a problem in the heater. It works perfectly fine at the passengers side's all grills but it blows cold air at drivers side's all grills. I have just found out its pretty expensive so is there any one here who can help me out and guide me how can i fix it myself ? As i dont grade myself very good in fixing the problems in the car, i expect to be guided thoroughly and in simple words.
Regards

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Hi!
I got peugeot 407 hdi executive 2006 and it has developed a problem in the heater. It works perfectly fine at the passengers side's all grills but it blows cold air at drivers side's all grills. I have just found out its pretty expensive so is there any one here who can help me out and guide me how can i fix it myself ? As i dont grade myself very good in fixing the problems in the car, i expect to be guided thoroughly and in simple words.
Regards
Sorry if this sounds short but have you not read this thread from the start , if you had you wouldn`t be asking such a stupid question :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
No, it sounds a bit rude. My question was, I have read it from the beginning but I am not understanding properly how to get it done do please guide me in a simple way???

·
Registered
186 Posts
Jafri if you decide to CLICK HERE you will find a comprehensive thread with a walk through further down you will find further information and images on the same subject.

If you need any more help ask but I'm sure you will be able to follow the thread

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thankyou very much Karl68s,its appreciated. Am gonna try this on sunday and let you know in the mean while let me tell you one more thing that i kept the sucking end of hoover (to suck dust if there is any) on the grill which blows cold air for 1 minute, it started throwing slidely warm air instead of cold air but after a little while it went a bit cold again. Do u still think that motor or flap is broken?
Thanx

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am positive the the flap is either broken or bent at an angle and about to break rendering it useless.

Just a point to make this I think happens eventually to all dual climate pugs as you will notice when you take it apart the flap is close to the air con cooling pipes so the flap is constantly getting hot then cold, rendering it a bit pointless being made out of plastic :nono:

·
Registered
682 Posts
I am positive the the flap is either broken or bent at an angle and about to break rendering it useless.

Just a point to make this I think happens eventually to all dual climate pugs as you will notice when you take it apart the flap is close to the air con cooling pipes so the flap is constantly getting hot then cold, rendering it a bit pointless being made out of plastic :nono:
A Peugeot not designed right, your kidding yeah?:lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Heater !!!!

Hey
My 407 1.6tdi has cold air blowing form all the
Vents, but the passenger mid colum one slightly
Gets warm , I have taken off the front fracas and turned the
Heat speed control and the vent turns from fully open to fully closed
When turned off! I hear that the main problem with the heating in these makes is the heating flaps broken due to being plastic,

If you have heating in half your car 90% of the time it's a broken flap/s
As mine seems a bit harder to find!

I am taking as much as I can off tomorrow
And will as take many pics as I can to help other people with the inter of the heater.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Should the inter vents open close in stages as the heater nob is lowered ? Or just open or close in one ? Open or close without stages?

D

·
0 Posts
Should the inter vents open close in stages as the heater nob is lowered ? Or just open or close in one ? Open or close without stages?
The flaps are broken. It happens to loads of them. There are modified flaps available.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi David
Thanks for the reply, I am thinking it may be the flaps
I am going to try get them out by going in the side way
Myself .

1 - 20 of 55 Posts