Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 10-20secs after I start up in the morning there seem to be forming quite a lot of fog on the inside of the windscreen. Does anyone else have any issues with this?

Might it just be to change the cabin filter. Anyone got some experience?

·
5,087 Posts
both my 407's have done this, I wouldnt worry about it

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
My new does it. My old one didn't. Might check the cabin filter. Def not the carpets getting wet. I wash it enough and I'd have noticed when I hoover it out!. Failing that, it could be something on the windscreen. I use a glass cleaner with a sealant in it, maybe it doesn't like the aircon on it.

·
6,445 Posts
Check the drain from the heater box/air con if this is blocked/restricted water can accumulate in bottom of heater which gives these symptoms

C

·
0 Posts
Mine does it as well goes as quick as it appears.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

·
Registered
3 Posts
About 10-20secs after I start up in the morning there seem to be forming quite a lot of fog on the inside of the windscreen. Does anyone else have any issues with this?

Might it just be to change the cabin filter. Anyone got some experience?
Where is the cabin filter and How do I change the cabin filter?

your help will be most gratfull.

Thanks

alanm

C

·
0 Posts
Easy swap 5 mins to do but access is a bit restricted I did mine last year. Mine Mists up just after start up but clears within a min or 2. Didnt do it last year but I rarely used the Climate control ( AC Off most of the time ). now I have it on all the time so I think its just a side effect of that :D

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good point. Maybe I just shall deactivate it to get rid of the problem.

Mine didn't do it either last year, and that was before I had AC gas filled.
Will try it, not that it's needed now when it's 0 deg all the time :D

C

·
0 Posts
Good point. Maybe I just shall deactivate it to get rid of the problem.

Mine didn't do it either last year, and that was before I had AC gas filled.
Will try it, not that it's needed now when it's 0 deg all the time :D
Yeah im thinking its something to do with thway the system is set up as i can get in the car and the screen is clear however start her up and after a few seconds the screen is fogged up! damp air passing over the cold ac componants perhaps?? dunno just guessing but it clears after a min or so so not too fussed really

·
6,445 Posts
A/C helps in the winter it dehumidify's the air and reduces misting. Like your fridge dries out food if not rapped. Also you should run A/C for at least 10 mins every month to circulate oil and stop seals drying out and causing gas leaks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts