Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My door wont recognize the key, it just keeps turning. It works by remote control (both on and off) but sometimes it double locks itself. I then have to get in through the window :/

Any advice?

·
Registered
238 Posts
have you tried wd40 in the lock, sounds like the grease has gone hard and the pins are stuck, as for the locking/ deadlocking this sounds like a short or bad connection in the door, could also be water ingress to the locking unit. mine only locked or unlocked when it felt like it. drilled 2 holes in the door lock unit and washed out with brake cleaner, been fine ever since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to Wd40 the lock, just wanted to see if anyone had a similar problem. Thanks for your reply! Do I have to drill into the door to access it?
And what can I do about the bad connection?

·
Registered
238 Posts
no remove the door lock assembly from the door drill just above and below the motor, only small holes approx 3mm, spray in your brake cleaner and shake,let it drain and repeat. before re connecting allow time for the lock to dry fully as brake cleaner is highly flammable. it may be an internal electronics problem try this first and see what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts