Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

So i'm in the process of fitting a Sony CDX-GT450U to my 307 LX 16V (2001). I've got it all connected via an ISO adapter and spliced the ignition signal in. I got the stereo working, then as i was trying to get it back into the bay it stopped working. When i turn on the battery and/or engine it makes a cd whirr but the display doesn't come on.

I've checked all the connections and i've checked the wires i spliced. I've tried resetting it. I also had a look at the fuses which seem to be ok. When i reconnect the factory stereo it works normally.

(I used this guide for the ignition wiring How to remove and upgrade a Peugeot 307 stereo (2001 to March 2005) | DemonAudio
Specifically this picture http://www.demonaudio.co.uk/Volatile/TutorialImages/TutorialSteps/12-1971.jpg)

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Tom

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
it seems the picture is wrong. the wiring to change to keep the memory is to switch the red and yellow cables round.

put it back how it was and change these over and try it again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys!

That's got it sorted. For anyone with the same problem:

I needed to ditch the trailing red wire (no splicing needed) and just connect red to yellow in the iso adapter, leaving red-red and yellow-yellow in the headunit section.

Only thing now is that it seems to be staying on, even when i turn the ignition off. Though i think the headunit does have an auto-off setting.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
the radio should go off after a time. beware though if something wakes the car. ie sensor opening door etc it comes back on

to be sure i just clip the front of the radio off. you dont need to take it out if you think its safe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts