Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ive got a 307 2l diesel, 53 plate. When i brake i can feel a scraping/grinding through the brake pedal and can also be heard. We orignally had the abs fault light come on but my neighbour looked at the sensor, cleaned it and cleared the fault.

abs light now doesnt come on, no fault codes when plugging in peugeot planet but brakes still doing it. It went to the garage and they said brakes was fine, no faults found and when he took it out for a test drive didnt do it. It is now doing it again when you brake sometimes and not sure why...Can anyone help me in a direction to look? :confused:

D

·
0 Posts
Get the airgap checked on each sensor. There'll probably be corrosion built up behind one off them messing with sensor signal.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Do the brakes do this after a period of heavy use, for example when going down a steep hill? That is when the discs are hot?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for the replies :) Not really tried it down hills as were quite flat here. But they still do it even if ive been out and about for a while.

·
Registered
556 Posts
My first thought would be worn pads but you seem to say they are ok, i have seen a few 307's where the Tyre catches the front of the plastic arch liner and wears it to bits, i think it is because garages take off the bottom engine tray and don't put them Back then the arch liners flop about, plus the power steering pump can move and push against the arch liner on the drivers side which doesn't help.

Anyway give them a check to rule that out.
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts