Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is my first post on here and im hoping you enlightened guys and girls might be able to help. I bought a 306 td which needed (among some minor bodywork) a fuel pump fitted. a second hand one was included in the sale so i set about it with my usual eager ness and got it done in only a week (evenings mainly) but now when i try to bleed it im having difficulty. I can get fuel to the pump but cant seem to get it as far as the injectors, I have tried slackning 1 pipe and all 4 at the same time with no joy. the pump is not guaranteed but it came of a car which was an mot failure but was still in good running order. from what i can tell out of the haynes manual it is a lucas pump which has got somesort of anti theft solenoid in it/on it somewhere but im not sure where. do these need to be programmed to the car/key/engine or is it something i have done wrong (quite possible to be brutally honest) its a 1997 car but it got a different engine about a year/two years ago which came out of a 1993 model (found this out when i was doing the timing belt tensioner). Hoping someone might be able to help me with this one cause its starting to bug me now.
Cheers in advance. Chris

·
Registered
36 Posts
I didn't realise that lucas did a pump for the turbo diesel, I was under the impression that all the turbo diesels of the era has bosch injector pumps.

Anyway. The fuel cut off solenoid is powered by the ignition. It should have 12V (or there abouts) when the ignition is set to run.

WRT bleeding the fuel system. I have always just bled the fuel system up to the injector pump, then relied on a bit of extra cranking to get the fuel to the injectors. This is what my haynes manual told me to do and it worked well for me when I had the 405 TD.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you ever....

fix this problem because I have exactly the same problem on my 306TD. Have primed the low pressure sid e of the pump with the squezee bulb after turning on the ignition to open the stop solonoid and can see fuel coming out of the return pump. This is a Bosch pump by the way.

But get nothing out of the injectors when I crank the engine. Pump worked fine before I blew the head gasket and have never had to remove it so should just work.

Thanks in advance if you can help....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts