Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys ! Yesterday I changed the flywheel+clutch and the timing belt in a car service. There are some differences now, including higher vibrations, especially in 1st gear, when i'm trying to park for example. Then there is this noise, which sound like a big turbo, but it think comes from the clutch or from the gearbox. This sound comes from 2200+ RPM, and especially in the first and second gear. Beside this two problems, the steering wheel is stiffer, and now I can hear the pump, which was perfectly silent last week.

Is the vibration normal ? Should I wait till the clutch "copy" the face of the flywheel and the pressure plate?
I cannot understand why is the steering wheel stiff, and how is related to what they changed.

( I can provide a link from youtube video on private, I'm not allowed yet to post it here :) )

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
110hp has dual mass flywheel have you replaced with solid or used original either of these could explain harsh clutch vibration etc

stiff steering may be that your auxiliary belt is slipping or bottom pulley worn steering pumps do sometimes fail

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the answer.

The flywheel is new, and it is from LUK (double, not simple), and also the clutch (same package). And if you mean the Crankshaft Pulley, that was replaced aswell, but was different one (the old one had some mechanism inside, and the new one from Continental have just a thin rubber).

So the steering you say might be from the belt. Do you think it might have grease on it ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think, you have to check these:
a. For the clutch noise
1. if there is enough gear oil 75-80 SAE in the gearbox.
2. if clutch bearing has been changed or not.
3. press only the clutch pedal and hear the noise in idle and in 2000rpm, if there is Extra ordinary noise, then the problem is, with the clutch bearing. :(
4. Has been changed the clutch bearing support, which includes (into it) an oil seal ??
(if not, gear oil could enter the clutch/disk compartment, causing slipage) !!

b. For the stiff steering,
1. Check the belt is tensioned properly and if there is enough "hydraulic" oil in the oil tank (next to water tank).
2. OR change the hydraulic oil (2 liters). ;)

·
6,077 Posts
Did you fit the Flywheel fully following the guide and using centralising tool etc for the flywheel and clutch

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys ! I will check the oil level from gearbox and also change it. I'm pretty sure they collected the old one and put it back, and maybe not all of it.
The bearing was changed, I bought a full kit from LuK.
They changed also the seal.
Let's say that maybe the noise is normal, I can't tell if a new clutch it's suppose to change the sound that much. But the vibrations are annoying, and that happens when moving the car from place, and also on every speed if the RPM goes under 1400-1300.
I asked the guys from the service about the stiff steering, and they said that they had to loose 2 bolts from steering box to take out the gearbox, or something like that. They also checked really fast with a lamp, and said that everything looks ok, but I'm not fine with that answer. Something is pressing there.
The hydraulic oil it's on max level.
I discovered that the pulley from alternator is also a bit broken, but I'm not sure if that could cause any vibrations or something else. The belt runs just fine, only on acceleration I can see that the upper tensioner vibrates for 1-2 seconds.

windy1603, I'm not sure what to say... it can be fitted wrong ?
I'm not going to that garage anymore, that's for sure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My opinion for the clutch treble, because i had this same experience,
is about the clutch disk..
The 6 spring LUK disk produced trebles. :(
When i changed to 4 springs LUK disk, all problems were gone. :)
The 4 springs LUK disk is for older models but is fully compatible. :cool:

Also take a look at the old flywhell, was a single or a double mass!!

Here there is more info about flywheels.....
honestjohn.co.uk/faq/dual-mass-flywheels/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts