Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I bought a 508 RXH about 2 ears ago, and the car has been great. I drive it a lot, but there have always been some glitches with the DPF. It suddenly goes to limp mode, then sometimes it can go 10 000km without problem, but right now it happens all the time. I cleaned the dpf, both manually with organic solvents and with forced regeneration, so I am 1000 percent sure that the DPF is clean. My suspicion is that the pressure sensor is failing.
My question is whether the dpf on the RXH is the same as the regular 2.0 hdi 163 hp since Ihave to buy it used. The dealership doesn't have the part, and with this corona pandemic they can't get it(joys of living in a 2 million population country).
So all in all,is the dpf exactly the same in RXH hybrid as in the 508 2.0 163hp???

·
7,069 Posts
They list different part numbers for the DPF. Organic solvents should not be used as it attacks the matrix and resins within the dpf. If you have access to diagbox or similar diagnostics log the differential pressure reading while driving to see if you have a generally high back pressure (indicating clogged or damaged DPF) or random readings which could point to sensor fault

·
Registered
1 Posts
Strange, I've always used a dpf cleaner because I only do short distances and that's seemed to work for my 508 so far. Perhaps it could be a sensor fault like Windy suggested? I hope you manage to get it fixed!

Rebecca x

P.s I get my dpf cleaner from here

1 - 3 of 3 Posts