Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to this forum and I apologize if there is already a topic covering this matter but just a pointer in the right direction would be appreciated.
So I have had in the past another 308 with the same radio head unit and messed about with it a bit so have a vague understanding of the components etc.
The current problem is regarding my current 308 a 2.0 HDI with from what I can work out every optional extra on it.
When I first got it I didn't find the problem as it was CD player realted and hadn't got my collection of disks out yet. Everything on the unit works other then when I insert a disk, all I get is a spinning up noise and then nothing so I change the source and it just says "CD changer empty" the CD appears to spin up and then fails to do anything. At this point I should add that the car does NOT have a CD changer situated below the head unit or anywhere else in the car! So this started to make me think we'll maybe it needs an update. I checked the current version and it is 8.11.A-4 CD Version: 3293. So having already got the 8.31 update disk for my old car I inserted it and again it refuses to load which wasn't a massive suprise. Refusing to give up I thought the CD player must be struggling to read anything inserted so I went on and replaced the laser reader in the disk drive which didn't make any difference, frustrated I left it for a while and it got me thinking that maybe originally it had a CD changer, given it has every other extra under the sun. However I then couldn't think why someone would remove it. I then went looking for a CD changer which was right for my car but apparently these are rare and the easiest one I can get my hands on is £180 and I can't justify that kind of price just to get the CD player working but it would be nice to have.

So there it is. I hope somebody can shed some light on this situation and any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Tristan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can get Peugeot Planet on it and disable the CD changer option from the RT4?
Thanks for the response
I haven't got Peugeot planet unfortunately Would I be able to access it though the OBD port? Or have to hook up to the unit specifically?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can get Peugeot Planet on it and disable the CD changer option from the RT4?
After a few hours of trying to get PP2000 to work I finally did and under CD changer it says absent. 🙄 Now what? Any help appreciated cheers

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Somewhere in the BSI section you will find the ability to enable it. Unfortunately every model car has a different way to get to it in pp2000 so you will just have to try it out as I cant help with the specific method for your 308.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Somewhere in the BSI section you will find the ability to enable it. Unfortunately every model car has a different way to get to it in pp2000 so you will just have to try it out as I cant help with the specific method for your 308.
Hope the image below helps but I can change absent to present and back again and it doesn't seem to make any difference. Apologies for my novice I only got the software on Thursday. Cheers

Attachments

·
5,674 Posts
May just be a poorly worded error PSA are good at that. It could be it's referring to inbuilt cd drive. It's detecting a cd being loaded but not reading the disk.

You say you have changed laser unit was it 100% the same as they are very fussy and if it's like the RT3 the driver for cd laser can fail and major main board repair is needed to get it working

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your reply
As a little update I have managed to "uninstall" the CD changer via diagbox instead of PP2000 this seemed to work in the sense that the display on top of the dash was showing the "diagnosis in progress" message. After restarting the head unit the "CD changer empty" message no longer comes up it just switches from radio source straight to AUX. Which I think could be potential progress however when I insert a cd it still doesn't read it. If it means anything to anyone basically it makes a short spin noice and an abrupt stop twice and then nothing. As if it tries to load but fails.

You say you have changed laser unit was it 100% the same as they are very fussy and if it's like the RT3 the driver for cd laser can fail and major main board repair is needed to get it working
In answer to this, yes from what I can remember the part numbers were exactly the same and they looked identical.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts