Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
307 1.6 hdi 2007. I seem to have a bit of a problem with my rear wipers.If I touch the stalk for any reason they will start by themselves,and sometimes will start working when nothing is even touched.I would imagine it could be a fault inside the wiper stalk itself,but thought I would ask just in case anyone else has had the problem and could suggest a easy fix.
Not a big problem just makes you wonder where the noise is coming from when they start sometimes.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I had & have the exact same problem - random activation of rear wash/wipe.

Someone who fixes com units suggested it was unlikely to be a com fault but more likely to be dirty contacts in the stalk switch itself.

I swapped thed the stalk out of another com unit and it seemed to sort it for a couple of weeks but then its been back to its usual tricks.

Leads me to think either Ive been unlucky with two stalks with identical problems or the fault may lie elsewhere.

Does yours just wipe or does it trigger the wash function - mine is always the washer pump. As the wash function automatically triggers the wipe could it be a fault on the pump itself?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had & have the exact same problem - random activation of rear wash/wipe.

Someone who fixes com units suggested it was unlikely to be a com fault but more likely to be dirty contacts in the stalk switch itself.

I swapped thed the stalk out of another com unit and it seemed to sort it for a couple of weeks but then its been back to its usual tricks.

Leads me to think either Ive been unlucky with two stalks with identical problems or the fault may lie elsewhere.

Does yours just wipe or does it trigger the wash function - mine is always the washer pump. As the wash function automatically triggers the wipe could it be a fault on the pump itself?
Yes,mine seems to trigger the wash and wipe action,I can tell by the noise it makes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts