Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Rite I am gonna be totally honest, I have a 52 place 307 HDi and all I know about cars is that they have 4 wheels and I have to put petrol in it to make it go....... other than that, im totally blonde when it comes to things like this.

Anyway, I have a problem with my windscreen wipers (front & rear) in the fact that they just start working by themselves on the intermittent setting when the stick is in the off position. This happened a while ago, lasted a couple of days and then it did not occur again until recently.

Other then this, they work perfectly normal, even during this time when they have a mind of their own but its rather annoying, especially when its not raining. There are no other problems with the controls on the stick that the wipers are operated from.

I dont want to take it to Peogeot Garage as I have a feeling they will rip me off but if anyone could give me some advice on what this could be so I can try at a local garage and try and look like I know what im talking about...... A big ask I know but anything would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sounds like you have a wiring fault somewhere close to the 'stick' if both front and back have a mind of their own. Can you take the cowling off and 'waggle' the wires to see what happens.

Could also be an earth fault somewhere - check the wires which go the cars body in that area that they are still connected

1 - 3 of 3 Posts