Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a problem with my peugeot 307 2005 1.6L 16V hatchback, there is an (automatic gear fault) error appears in the screen and the gear indicator shows just dash instead of the numeric (N, P, D, R or manual 1,2,3...) with flashing snow and sport lights in starting also I have the check engine light appearing, the car just running on the third transmission level, first I changed the transmission oil but nothing changed, I took the car to a garage to check it with a diagnostics tool but it couldn't access the gear box I tried two other different garages with more than one diagnostics device but with the same results, no one can access the gear box, the only fault that I got is (absence of communication with automatic transmission ECU), also I tried three different transmission ECUs (used not new) but with the same result.

any suggestions will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem Barek. Really need help too.

I have a problem with my peugeot 307 2004 1.6L 16V hatchback, there is an (automatic gear fault) error appears in the screen and the gear indicator shows just dash instead of the numeric (N, P, D, R)

·
8,934 Posts
What diagnostics are you using. At that age Planet is the best option for reliable communications. Does the car have an aftermarket radio as sometime these can stop comms if a standard adaptor lead is used

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Windy,
I used no major diagnostic. It is my first car and I bought it in second hand. I don’t really know much about car. It does have its original radio and CD player. I have never replaced it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also I must disclose that for some time now it was not changing gear swiftly especially in traffic following with a heavy noise. But when drinking on highways, you don’t notice a thing as it just fly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
However the three dots (...) on the dashboard is a first and I had to drive slowly with emergency light in order to return home this afternoon

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi madbadandold,
Yes I meant driving. Sorry for the confusion😅
With regards to the oil level, I was told when doing the service that unless there is a leak, the oil level should be fine. They never checked

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Poor service in my opinion. Peugeot will tell you that the oil is for life but any amount of owners will tell you all that is bull****! I would ask for a drain and refill with new oil so that you can be reassured that that part is ok. Ask them to filter and check for metal deposit too. If the oil is no bright red than that means that there is a problem and it could be the bands worn in the box. How long have you had the car from the previous owner? If not long I would take it back and ask him for your money back as a fault like that would not normally appear without any warning!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Madbadandold,
I will ask them to do what you recommend.
I got the car for more than a year now so I can’t really take it back. Thanks a million, I will revert to you as soon as I have feedback.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Madbadandold,
I will ask them to do what you recommend.
I got the car for more than a year now so I can’t really take it back. Thanks a million, I will revert to you as soon as I have feedback.
Howzit Frankkos,

Did you eventually get to the bottom of the problem and did you find a fix. I have the exact same problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts