Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't use key fob to start the engine (error comes up), I use spare key. Can't use key fob to unlock the doors as it hardly works (only if pressed very hard). Changed battery but I damaged the inside (OOPS) so has never worked properly since then.
What do I need to buy to replace & where from? I have the key code. Can I just buy casing with motherboard as I have the key or do I need to have key re-cut? Need to be able to open car door quickly when it's dark & I'm on a late. I live in Merseyside. :)

J

·
0 Posts
Need to be able to open car door quickly when it's dark & I'm on a late. I live in Merseyside. :)
That made me smile :lol:

To help with the key, if you're sure yours is broken internally, and you have the key code then you just need to buy a blank fob, board & transponder chip - make sure they are all brand new as you can't reprogram a secondhand one. Then swap over your key blade, and find someone local on here with Planet to code it to your car.

Something like this PEUGEOT 2 BUTTON REMOTE PLASTIC FULL KEY FOB CASE 307 WITH ELECTRONICS CHIP | eBay

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks

Thanks for your quick reply - :) Hey a woman on her own needs quick access to her car when it's dark !! :)
Where do I find out about planet in my area?
Thanks for the link & just checked it but my my key is a flip style different to one on ebay. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts