Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the service 'burning out' FAP through the PP2000 on 1.6HDI 9HZ. I burned FAP from PP2000 several times in 2.0HDI, and without any problems - it takes a few minutes, the engine speed increases up to 4000 rpm, after firing, the pressure difference is small for FAP, and PP2000 shows 0% clogged of FAP. Have to maintain certain conditions - a minimum of 1/4 tank of fuel, a minimum of 65 degrees coolant, any errors in the calculator engine, gearbox in neutral, handbrake incurred. All conditions complied with, and 1.6HDI not want to burn - immediately after pressing OK from PP2000, so that the process of burning, an error pops up that you can not follow the steps. I've done it many times in 2.0HDI, so there is no way that I'm doing something wrong.
I tried various versions of PP2000 - 22.14, 23.89, 25.01; DiagBox 6.04 - every time the same error.
I tried with three 1.6HDI - 307, 407 and other 407. In each the same problem.

Any ideas?

PS: Sorry for my English:).

·
Registered
552 Posts
I was under the impression you can't do a forced regeneration on the 1.6's, I'm not entirely sure but the system is more complex, the EGR is involved in the process as well. Perhaps it's also due in part to the close proximity to the turbo, and the fact it's located in the engine bay.

Phil

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Of course "forced regeneration", not "burning out", I work with the PP2000 in the Polish version ;).
Most 1.6HDI not have a separate calculator additivity and everything with FAP and Eolys, you have to do from the engine calculator - for me also. Forced regeneration, I run from the engine calculator.
I know that in the regeneration, involving also the EGR, glow plugs, GMV, heated rear window and mirrors, etc.
I do not have any errors in any of the calculators - no errors transitional or permanent. Everything in the best order.
Since my friend, from our forum peugeot-klub.pl learned that he had the same error ... Forced regeneration, it runs only on PP2000 23.89, but for me it does not start neither under 23.89 neither under 25.01 neither under 22.14 ...

·
Registered
9,733 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was under the impression you can't do a forced regeneration on the 1.6's, I'm not entirely sure but the system is more complex, the EGR is involved in the process as well. Perhaps it's also due in part to the close proximity to the turbo, and the fact it's located in the engine bay.

Phil
that will explain why my attempts at forced re gen on a 1.6 keeps returning a message that the action is impossible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've found this one too:
407 Owners :: • Forums • Peugeot 407 Forum :: View topic - Regeneration impossible on PP2000

An interesting note:
"try change pp2000 software update for newest version,for me it help i can do regeneration now 24.37"
Soon, I'll try to forced regeneration on PP2000 24.37.
But if that fails, I'll have to test forced regeneration on EVERY version of PP2000 ... It will take a lot of time ;/.

PS: Or maybe the fault lies in the old version of the software engine ECU? However, I don't want to spend unnecessary money, if it doesn't help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've found this one too:
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:d0nMEFHk2t4J:www.407owners.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=827+forced+regenerator+1.6+hdi+impossible&cd=7&hl=pl&ct=clnk&gl=pl

An interesting note:
"try change pp2000 software update for newest version,for me it help i can do regeneration now 24.37"
Soon, I'll try to forced regeneration on PP2000 24.37.
But if that fails, I'll have to test forced regeneration on EVERY version of PP2000 ... It will take a lot of time ;/.

PS: Or maybe the fault lies in the old version of the software engine ECU? However, I don't want to spend unnecessary money, if it doesn't help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To all:
I've already checked many versions of PP2000 and Lexia (also trying to force regeneration from Citroen C5), but each time it ended in failure.
Two weeks ago I tried with DiagBox 7.09 (previously also tried different versions of DB 5.xx and 6.xx, but without success) and now, on DB 7.09... SUCCESS :)! The regeneration process was successful :)!

So in 1.6HDI you can force regenerate the FAP :).

D

·
0 Posts
To all:
I've already checked many versions of PP2000 and Lexia (also trying to force regeneration from Citroen C5), but each time it ended in failure.
Two weeks ago I tried with DiagBox 7.09 (previously also tried different versions of DB 5.xx and 6.xx, but without success) and now, on DB 7.09... SUCCESS :)! The regeneration process was successful :)!

So in 1.6HDI you can force regenerate the FAP :).
You can but only on the road. Its hugely hard on the engine at standstill. Peugeot have totally changed the forced regen process in Diagbox for the newer cars. They only rev to 2.5-3k rpm.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can but only on the road. Its hugely hard on the engine at standstill. Peugeot have totally changed the forced regen process in Diagbox for the newer cars. They only rev to 2.5-3k rpm.

I know, that this 'hurts' my car engine ;), but I've already trying maybe 30 times, to regeneration from PP2000/DB, so comfortable was tested stationary. Now I know, that the regeneration goes well, so I can choose to either regenerate while driving (60km/h - probably about 40 mph/h :)).

This is the last minute while regeneration -
Indeed, they had to change something in the DB, as before, on 2.0HDI engine much faster going down from RPM.

By the way - FAP regeneration by washing with water is much better ;). I did this about a year ago.

D

·
0 Posts
Yes it does but look at the grief of stripping it. If there are no engine management faults the car regens perfectly itself on the open road.

The dpf system in the 2.0hdi is pretty smart as it knows what type of driving you do and tailors the regens to a specific time when you are maybe on a motorway or on a long drive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yes it does but look at the grief of stripping it. If there are no engine management faults the car regens perfectly itself on the open road.

The dpf system in the 2.0hdi is pretty smart as it knows what type of driving you do and tailors the regens to a specific time when you are maybe on a motorway or on a long drive.

Yeah, but before I cleaned FAP (using water :)), it regenerates every about 200-300km. Now it regenerates every about 400-800km ;p. I checked it in the measurement parameters - PP2000 and an LED, connected to the heating mirrors (you can see it on 0:17-0:19 on video) :).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts