Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have a question and I am hoping I will get answer first handed from the owners of new model 308. It is concerning the ESC specifically - Anti-slip regulation (ASR). This winter when started to snow I wanted to tested how efficient this ASR or traction control is and went with snow tyres uphill and on my big surprise the front wheels started spinning. I go backward and repeat several time with very little power and every time same results (and ESC was ON)...I got stuck in the middle of the hill with wheels spinning like crazy when I put my foot on the gas. The hill was really covered with snow, but still is not the job of ASR to prevent wheels to spin? As I know the computer should know when the wheel will spin and prevent it by adding brake and stop it. Right? Now does anybody who owns the 308 tested this and how should really work in reality? Is something wrong with ESC in my car. I report that at Peugeot dealership and I was told that this system does not prevent wheel spin. Ok if does not do that then why it is for? I would really appreciated if anybody can help me solve this issue.

Thanks.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I bellieve that ASR kick-on while driving, not when starting. My was engaged couple of times uphill when raining while sharp accelerate, 2nd or 3th speed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bellieve that ASR kick-on while driving, not when starting. My was engaged couple of times uphill when raining while sharp accelerate, 2nd or 3th speed.
I noticed that too. When driving on slippery road if I overdo it with gas the ESC sings starts to blink. Too bad I did not watch if that time ESC sings blink or not. But nevertheless I was driving up the hill and when the wheel has a grip it was ok, but when there was no more traction wheels starts spinning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts