Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 ( 52 ) PEUGEOT 307 SW 2.0HDi SE 110 DIESEL 5 SEATER ESTATE | eBay

im getting it forf £900, i viewed it and only issue i can find is that alternator bearing is whining its tits off.......i never looked to see if it has a stupid partical filter, money is tight and after my c4 vts hdi killed itself when the dpf failed im a bit worried..... some people say the 110 2.0 hdi does not have a dpf, but looking through ebay, you can buy a dpf, for a 2002 307..... anybody have any idea for sure as i hate technology, im an old school mechanic and reluctant to buy if it has one......what is the sort of fee to take them out, is this done by taking the exhaust from a 90 bhp model and just removing the dpf from the ecu ??????/

C

·
0 Posts
Need vin number to be sure about dpf.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only the 90bhp models don't have DPF or DMF clutches.

To be honest it looks a little crappy. There are plenty out there.

how can you justify crappy by a whining altenator, buggered boot struts and a lock cap missing.....bodywork was fine. £50 on a few bits in the scrappy would sort i.......i decided not to buy it though and went for something decent, and a lot easier to work on, with alot less common issues.....a 2003 focus 1.8 tdci estate, when i trained as a mechanic i was working at brunel ford in bristol to, so know the ford engines, issues and fixes alot more than the peugeot stuff....

·
11,766 Posts
The interior is scruffy, from the pics it looks like there are missing and broken bits. What's the deal with that door handle? Where are the other seats? Have you noticed the bulkhead soundproofing is rotting away? Where's the engine cover?

If a seller can't be arsed to clean the car prior to selling, what other things has he neglected?

There are countless threads on here from people slagging off 307s. Half the time the problems are down to shitty maintenance from the previous owner.

Bodywork may be fine (they usually always are) but I'd be looking at mechanicals rather than bodywork.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The interior is scruffy, from the pics it looks like there are missing and broken bits. What's the deal with that door handle? Where are the other seats? Have you noticed the bulkhead soundproofing is rotting away? Where's the engine cover?

If a seller can't be arsed to clean the car prior to selling, what other things has he neglected?

There are countless threads on here from people slagging off 307s. Half the time the problems are down to shitty maintenance from the previous owner.

Bodywork may be fine (they usually always are) but I'd be looking at mechanicals rather than bodywork.

its a £900 car, the engine was absolutly fine, the interior was a little grubby, but it was as the seller said, a part ex to clear, he did not really want the car, but gave the previous owner £900 off of a car she bought,

not to worry though as i have now bought a 2003 focus tdci estate 98k miles, new mot and 6 months tax, the woman selling had it up for £1695, i made a crap offer expecting it to be refused, but she was moving to london tomorrow from pontypool and had no way of taking both her cars so she excepted my offer lol, in far better condition than the 307 for the same money, drives spot on, etc. the tdci focus holds money better but i managed to get a bargain

1 - 8 of 8 Posts