Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Peugeot 307 2l HDI. My primer bulb keeps melting underneath, I can't see anything contacting it. Just had to order my 3rd in as many years. My last one lasted longer because i put a popped small rubber ball underneath it but it must have come dislodged and my bulb melted :mad: Has anyone else had the same problem or is it just me??

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's a new one on Mr. Not familiar with the 307 but i am with rhe 2ltr hdi. Where is the bulb located on yours?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

·
3,760 Posts
hi.....hmmmmm...thats a new one to me as well....something must be too near to it to cause it to melt...perhaps a pic might help us ....or as along shot a leaky injector may let exhaust gases under it .. but thats a long shot..you would have smelt it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, thanks for your reply. I had no fuel problems last time it melted but I have had an injector problem for a while and have recently had a new one fitted so your theory may not be a long shot!! It's got a hole so big I can fit my finger in it. It's right in the middle underneath. I've not driven it much since having the new injector fitted and haven't smelt any diesel. It may have been melting over time? Or is something too close? I have attached some pictures. The red thing is my rubber ball that has served me for 4 yrs lol!! Your opinion would be greatly appreciated x
IMG_1694[1].jpg

IMG_1695[1].jpg

IMG_1697[1].jpg

·
3,760 Posts
hi...it looks to me that the primer should be over that wiring loom...pehaps a member with the same engine will pop by and confirm?
ps quick look on google pics ..yours looks ok....it still looks tight tho

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just been out to have a look and this would make total sense :) My ex fitted it, mechanics have laughed at my rubber ball fix but have obviously not realised the ill fitting of the bulb. You are an absolute star thank you so much for sharing your knowledge x :thumb:

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
There is not really enough heat there to melt the primer so your problem seems strange but i would go to breakers and get a different one with longer pipework and mount it further away from the engine this should cure your issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thank you. I've had my car 10 yrs and originally, I am sure, it did not have a primer bulb. I've ordered the part now and am going to fit it over the wiring and see how it goes. Thanks for your advice, you do have a point x :thumb: Non of my problems are ever straight forward lol x

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
I had a 307 and it was definitely NOT below the wiring loom. It was easy to get to with nothing (apart from the engine top cover) over the top of it.

I would suspect it's been rubbing against sonething with a lot of wear weakening the bulb.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for your reply. This makes total sense :nod: To have confirmation of where the bulb should actually be is a great help. Thank you so much x :thumb:

·
Registered
68 Posts
On my 2ltr hdi expert the primer is fixed on the drivers side of the fuel filter housing so pipework comes in from behind the steering wheel area, goes to the primer, then direct 90° fitting onto the left (inlet) side of the fuel filter. I've never seen one anywhere near the location yours is in

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ahh, just looked at your pictures, ignore my precious comment, just realised you have the 8v engine, both mine are 16v so completely different layout.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts