Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered my GT Line the full retail price was £32610. I know that the April 1st change in road tax increased prices by £100 or so, but I have just built my car on the configurator again, and the price today is £33310, an increase of £700 since January. When did they sneak the prices up??

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
You missed that discussion Lee, it was a few weeks ago, I think my GT went up more than that.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, missed that altogether Chris. I thought the 3008 was pushing the price boundaries for a Peugeot as it was, but I guess the demand made them think they would get away with it.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Yes, it happened just before I ordered my GT Line. It must have been the beginning of May. My Gt Line increased by £500. I think the extras stayed the same.

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
Yes, it happened just before I ordered my GT Line. It must have been the beginning of May. My Gt Line increased by £500. I think the extras stayed the same.
It will be interesting to see if it goes back down for Motability's third quarter prices in July Mike.

My sister is hoping so as she is due to pick July end for her new car.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
It will be interesting to see if it goes back down for Motability's third quarter prices in July Mike.

My sister is hoping so as she is due to pick July end for her new car.
We'll I really wish your Sister well in getting her car Paul.
If you want my opinion though ~ I can't see Motability reducing their prices so soon after we have had both a fall in the pound and the uncertainty with car manufacturers and Brexit.
I had wind Motability 'may' remove the 1.6 Blue HDi GT Line Auto as it sits right on the tip of the cut at just £5 inside the max allowed and even the 1.6 e-THP 165 GT Line Auto which currently sits £505 inside the max.
As such I did not want to chance it so got my order in before the next Motability price list comes into effect on the 1st July.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
seems the 3008 isn't the only Peugeot to have had a price increase.
Questioned my dealer and he says it's due to the weaker GBP.
I did make a cynical coment in reply, along the lines of, "not the french stuffing the Brits then, because they can!"

Grumpy

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'm looking at an alternative, but a FWD (I don't want to lump around a rear diff etc) diesel with similar ground clearance and advanced features is as scarce as the proverbial.....at the price, that is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts