Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have recently purchased a 307 and i only have 1 key/fob and work like to have a spare, how do i go around doing this? the cheapest way of course :D
tHANK YOU

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
you have a few choices:

- buy a virgin key of ebay (never used, will not work if it has) get it cut and paired with planet
- visit timpsons or any other locksmith (who can deal with transponders), who will just clone your key
- visit dealership, they'll order one, cost a few £££'s. will need proof of ownership (v5c and id)

thats a few i can think of at the moment :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Try searching the forum, there was already a thread on here with all the ins and outs and some other quite interesting stuff yesterday.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Went into Timpsons today to get a key done for my 307. He put it in the reader to check it and said 'its not one of the ones we do I'm afraid, you'll have to go back to Peugeot' very surprised.
A local key cutter in town said he could do it for £80 but it wont be remote, but would have the transponder to start the car.
Peugeot want £122 for a full remote one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Many thanks STVSTX. I dont have the plastic card that originally came with the car, apparently bettyswollocks has a service for a fiver that can get the keycode from the vin number? Is this the number that is needed? I think Stubbo is the nearest to me for adding-in, but will message him to see if he offers this service. Thanks again.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi

I have ordered keys from the above link, very good quick service.
If menbers have key transpondor and code I would do a fault code reading and program key at same time for £30.

Thanks Vpug :thumb:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Many thanks STVSTX. I dont have the plastic card that originally came with the car, apparently bettyswollocks has a service for a fiver that can get the keycode from the vin number? Is this the number that is needed? I think Stubbo is the nearest to me for adding-in, but will message him to see if he offers this service. Thanks again.
Yes, thats the transponder code needed. takes 10 mins to add the key to the car with planet. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts