Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've just had the logbook back in my name and shocked it's had 6 previous owners!!!!
It's 2007 with 39k on clock...
I should of asked my dealer about owners but assumed not many due to low miles,can only assume it's spent a great deal of time in a garage!!!
Does this seem excessive?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well I've just had the logbook back in my name and shocked it's had 6 previous owners!!!!
It's 2007 with 39k on clock...
I should of asked my dealer about owners but assumed not many due to low miles,can only assume it's spent a great deal of time in a garage!!!
Does this seem excessive?
Not necessarily. More interesting is how the vehicle fared at each MoT test. You can download your 207's MoT history (pass/fail/advisories) by going to the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency, click on "MoT and Vehicle Testing", then click on "Get and Check an MoT", then click on "Check the MoT History of a Vehicle."

Note that you will need your current (or last) MoT for the reference number.
Kind regards....
Ken

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and thanks Ken
Last couple of mots advisory/fail is only on the limit tyre tread etc so no big issues at all?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi and thanks Ken
Last couple of mots advisory/fail is only on the limit tyre tread etc so no big issues at all?
Check each previous MoT to ensure that the recorded mileage "hangs together" in terms of each annual increase.
A seven-year old car with only 39k on the clock sounds good, but does the MoT history back this up? If it does, you should be ok.

You've checked that it wasn't a CAT C or CAT D damaged-repaired vehicle?

Kind regards....
Ken

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ken
Yes mileage hangs up:) first mot in 2011 was 29k then it's only averaged approx 3k a year from then on!
The Peugeot dealer hpi all there cars,I did ask and he said it is clean

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Ken
Yes mileage hangs up:) first mot in 2011 was 29k then it's only averaged approx 3k a year from then on!
The Peugeot dealer hpi all there cars,I did ask and he said it is clean
Sounds like it's been moderately used for the first 4 years and then owned by someone who used it on sunny days only....... maybe a lady owner in a multi-car family :)

If it hasn't been bumped and it hasn't been flogged (and the engine oil/filter have been changed regularly) there shouldn't be much for you to worry about.

Kind regards....
Ken

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up,it's full service history,but don't really like the Peugeot 2yrs or 20k service schedule tho!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts