Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, finally bought the Peugeot and I can't drive it...

It comes up with seatbelt pretentioner or airbag faulty. It won't let me start the car, and after a while it just kills everything. My battery is now dead because I couldn't stop the car from constantly blinking the dashboard light, plus I can't lock the car physically or with the buttons.

I have done A LOT of searching around and can't see any solutions.
I looked at the wiring and found this. I have no idea what it is, but will post pictures and a video of me finding it.
Pardon my language, this was at 2am and I'd been close to tears and breaking everything due to the anger of potentially wasting 1500 pounds on an unusable vehicle.

https://m.imgur.com/a/k8Xeh
https://youtu.be/QYA59OBGKow

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
The green connector with the red back is your airbag but the red tab on it is a pressure switch. It clips to the black moulding under the seat to say there is someone in the seat and flash the no seatbelt light. It's not an issue as long as the wires are intact.

Peugeot do not like low voltage and it is not unusual for it to go crazy and throw passenger airbag codes. My advice would be to charge it up and try and start it. Then find why your battery is draining or replace it if it's a dud.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool. Also, what is the black plug for?It's plugged in under the passengers side, but there's nowhere to plug it in under the drivers side.

The battery died due to the car jittering constantly. I had no way to turn it off.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hard to say for sure but it could be to do with the seatbelt thing. Driver side wouldn't need one as it always assumes the driver is there and makes you put your belt on.

You'd be best getting it plugged in for diagnostics. If the engine wouldn't shut off it could be a few things. I wouldn't worry to much about airbag warnings and stuff just yet though. Charge it up and get it started and see what pops up after that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. I'm only panicking because from January 30th I'll have no other transport into work. Should I try and get someone with planet to come check it out? And how pricey is that :b?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Should I try and get someone with planet to come check it out? And how pricey is that :b?
If you can find someone close to you on this map im sure it wouldnt cost too much,maybe a few beers or so :D
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/maintenance-9/diagnostic-peugeot-planet-map-7734/

Although to pm another member you need 20+ posts so just post anything you like on this thread here to get your post count up
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/off-topic-3/need-20-posts-before-pm-72601/

Or if you wanted just buy it from ebay as with it being a peugeot im sure you will need it again sometime :rolleyes:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311.R1.TR5.TRC1.A0.H0.Xpp2000.TRS0&_nkw=pp2000&_sacat=0

As for your first post i cant see the seatbelt or airbag faults cause the car not to start so there must be more things going on..as slashprom said charge up the battery as see how it goes,,if you can get pp2000 then charge the battery,clear and codes ,,try to start the car and then check to see if any codes come up and go from there..

what dashboard light was blinking??

good luck

Terry

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
You have more than 1 issue the airbag fault this WILL NOT stop the car going and whatever is killing the battery is your real issue leave the airbag for now fix the other fault check earths and wiring.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aah okay. It happened when I first bought the car so potentially it could just have had a low battery due to sitting at the release for 3 months. Plus I've had it sitting at mine for 3 more months now only turning it on for 10 minutes a week to charge the battery. (Or so I thought). I'm going to attempt to charge the battery over this week. Bought a battery charger.

So, for some reassurance,could it simply be due to a low/uncharged battery causing the issue?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what dashboard light was blinking??

good luck

Terry
Sorry for double post, the warning lights kept flashing along with my mileage and (oil ok)

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm a panicker who's extremely thankful for you guys teaching me what's wrong with my car :)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
You have more than 1 issue the airbag fault this WILL NOT stop the car going and whatever is killing the battery is your real issue leave the airbag for now fix the other fault check earths and wiring.
As above.. your starting/running issue is being caused by some sort of electrical issue. You need to check and eliminate the following:
1. get battery load tested to confirm it still has capacity. Charging it and checking voltage will tell you nothing about it's capability.
2. check vehicle's charging rate, MUST be above 14V when running and with lights/blower/demister etc all on.
3. make sure all ground cables from battery to body to engine are making good electrical contact. i.e. remove each connection point, clean both mating surfaces, lightly grease [copper grease is best] and replace.
4. do the same checks for the positive battery cable as for ground cables.
5. check loom ground connections around the engine bay. remove, clean grease, replace.
6. check connecting plugs on ECU and BSI for corrosion/water/damaged pins.
7. check ALL fuses in engine bay and bsi for corrosion. Remove/clean/replace and dont forget to check the contacts they plug into.

Peugeots are famous for electrical issues and your one, coming from where it stood for so long, has good potential to be suffering from a multiple of electrical issues. So do all of the checks I have listed above before continuing on. Once it is running properly you can get to the other issues.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If the car starts and drives fine then it could well just be the battery. Do you have any other symptoms other than a random airbag warning? If not I doubt there is an actual problem other than low voltage from the battery.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
If the car starts and drives fine then it could well just be the battery. Do you have any other symptoms other than a random airbag warning? If not I doubt there is an actual problem other than low voltage from the battery.
Did you actually read the first post?????????????????

·
Registered
718 Posts
On charge now. I can't open the drivers window so how would I do the safe boot? Or am I simply screwed xD
As per WillNZs post here http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/tech-section-153/procedure-battery-disconnection-3-minute-rule-293106/

NOTE 2: If the driver's window is not open, you can overcome this problem by putting the driver's door latch into the closed [latched] position with a screwdriver. This will mimic the door being closed and the interior light switch will be deactivated [in most models the door latch controls the interior light]. **Note**Once the BSI is reactivated, you must unlatch the door latch by lifting the door handle otherwise you will not be able to close the door properly. [if you are not sure what to do here, check this www link
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-door-hood-or-trunk-will-not-close

This will fool the the car into thinking the doors closed and still gives you access if you cant put the window down

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As per WillNZs post here http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/tech-section-153/procedure-battery-disconnection-3-minute-rule-293106/

NOTE 2: If the driver's window is not open, you can overcome this problem by putting the driver's door latch into the closed [latched] position with a screwdriver. This will mimic the door being closed and the interior light switch will be deactivated [in most models the door latch controls the interior light]. **Note**Once the BSI is reactivated, you must unlatch the door latch by lifting the door handle otherwise you will not be able to close the door properly. [if you are not sure what to do here, check this www link
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-door-hood-or-trunk-will-not-close

This will fool the the car into thinking the doors closed and still gives you access if you cant put the window down
The door is open and the window slightly below the top of the frame (but stuck in that position). So i can close and open the door but the window will not move from that very slightly lowered position

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
The window down is NOT essential this is simply peugeots official way of doing it its just to wake up the BSI gently opening the door does the same thing anyway people put too much effort into doing a reboot its not really that important the only part that matters is waiting 3 mins BEFORE disconnecting the battery this is when the damage can be done.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The window down is NOT essential this is simply peugeots official way of doing it its just to wake up the BSI gently opening the door does the same thing anyway people put too much effort into doing a reboot its not really that important the only part that matters is waiting 3 mins BEFORE disconnecting the battery this is when the damage can be done.
My battery was dead anyway. I opened the bonnet,waited 5 minutes then disconnected it. Hopefully that was the right thing to do. It's halfway charged now. I'm praying it'll be fine

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No doubt he did not many bother to come back with conclusions :(
I literally got it fixed 2 days ago xD. Basically someone had installed aftermarket airbags in the drivers side and passengers side, meaning there's been a potential accident with the vehicle.
They just plopped them In,plugged then in so the car could see they were they,but they weren't coded for anything.

The autoelectric place I went to coded them in and they were perfectly fine. Today it (warning message) showed up again though so I think he messed something up, however he told me to pop down and he'd fix it for free.

Thanks for the help guys! I tried all your fixed and suggestions but didn't work, so I had to seek paid help :b. Other than that I'm loving the car! Now to get the roof working again on time for summer xD. Damn thing :).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts