Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Long time no see, long story but there you go!

Anyway, can anyone tell me if the pre-heating control box turns the glow plugs on even when the engine is hot? My wife's 307 wont start in the mornings with this cold weather and on doing a bit of fault finding it seems as if the control unit was not turning on the glow plugs so off to my Peugeot stealer I go and get a new one.
Fitted in minutes but found it still doesn't turn the supply to the plugs on. The engine was hot and I see from the wiring diagrams that it get a signal from the coolant temp sender along with 12v supply (permanent I think) and another feed from the ECU.
Not put PP on it to see if anything has popped up but was wondering if anyone knew if the unit was controlled by the engine temp.
Thanks in advance
Andy

·
Registered
171 Posts
As i remember the 307's heater plugs do not operate unless the outside temperature is under -5 degrees i think?
Could be wrong but its something like that, the High pressure direct injection engine generally does not need heater plugs to start they were for colder climate countries so if you are having a problem starting i would be looking elsewhere.
Im sure someone with the knowledge will be along v soon to correct or confirm lol :)

D

·
0 Posts
What year model is your car. Heater plugs not needed to start firstly. Sounds like a fuel problem. Check the high and low pressure systems. Also get leak off tests done on the injectors.

Sent from my GT-S5690 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys
Thanks for the replies, it's a 2003 2.0 HDI SE. Can I see the high and low pressure values in Planet? I was assuming that it was a temperature issue due to it staring easier when the ambient air temp was warmer, cold frosty mornings its needed jump leads, but always started ok i.e not long cranking times, well no longer than with one battery, but probably longer than normal. Which may lead me to believe that is it a battery size issue. The last one I didn't check the size just asked for one to fit the car. Now if it need a better battery, one with a higher Cold Cranking rating, would this really be that much better?

Thanks guys
Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts