Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Whilst trying to get cruise control working on my 307 I connected to planet and did a global test. It came up with a fault saying "Permanent Fault Pre/Post Heating Relay Circuit Relay Stuck".
The car runs fine and starts easy. I am in South of France but will be taking the car up into the Alps for the winter so do not want starting problems.
My unit is a G Cartier relay. Is there any way of unsticking the relay or will I just need to get a replacement.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have cleared the code but have not driven the car since. So I will give it a couple of days and then check it again.
Is it possible to dismantle the relay or is it a sealed unit?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I agree with madbadandold. Nearly every car I've done a diagnostic on has shown this error and some of those have been petrol engines. One member had this error on his 407 but when it was diagnosed at a Peugeot Dealer that particular error was not showing. Seems like some clones are prone give this as a false error.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have given the car a run and then put it on planet again. The fault code is back. I have tried to do a test on it through planet and I can hear the relay operating during the test but then planet locks up my laptop and will not let me exit that part of planet. The only way out is to do a restart of the computer.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Check the resistance of each plug to ensure they are working. You will not get the warning symbol on until it gets very cold as a normal anyway but they are sealed but if the engine starts ok in the cold forget it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It starts fine but in the winter when the temperature can drop into the minus 20s it might be a different story.
The coil symbol comes on when I turn on the ignition but goes out immediately.
Last winter it came on and stayed on for a few seconds before gong out as I would expect and the car started fine.
I think I will leave it and see how I get on this winter. However, I will take my booster starter with me.
I will also look in the breakers for a spare relay just in case.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
It takes a few minutes to check the resistance of each glow plug . Just disconnect the plug from the relay and stick the meter on each cable and earth in turn. Each one should show some resistance. If any show no resistance then that plug is u/s. If I was you I would be prepared to find a couple or more dead. But so saying unless it is really cold, in the big minuses the HDI engines will cope without them.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Better to spend five minutes whilst its warmish then in the freezing cold. If there are multiple failures at least you will know what needs to be done to fix it but be aware that they are not easy to remove cleanly due access and the fact they normally snap due seized in the head.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Planet actually says that it is the relay that is sticking but when I do a relay test I can hear it clicking although it does then lock up my laptop and I have to exit planet and start again.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If its just the relay they are easy enough to swap but as has been said in the forum many times the glowplugs are non essential for starting unless its seriously cold.

If you have a DPF then it needs fixed to allow the DPF to regen properly but otherwise probably fine to ignore for now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts