Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I was just wondering if someone has knowledge - is it possible to add pre-heating to a petrol engine (like Webasto)? Or is it possible to add a feature like starting the car via remote (keeping the doors locked)? Preferably in the Peugeot dealership as my car is still under warranty.

Winter is coming and it would be nice to have one of those features.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Starting via remote in a peugeot dealership is for sure not possible. Webasto... not sure if it is possible with petrol engines, never had that feature on any car.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
We’re driving a 2018 THP165 EAT6 5008 and we have a Webasto pre-heating system installed. However there are some special circumstances here: the pre-heating is necessary due to my fiancé’s handicap. Luckily, we live very close to the Webasto headquarters near Munich and our workshop guy has a very close relationship to the company (he has been working as a test mechanic for Webasto and still having contacts in the company’s R&D). I haven’t seen any information online about „off the shelf“ pre-heating solutions for the petrol engines, so I don’t really know much knowledge was needed to adapt the systems on the market to our car.

So I guess it’s down to your individual workshop if they would do the job or not.

Regarding warranty: our car went to the workshops less than 1 months old and our Peugeot dealer told us there are no concerns w.r.t. warranty. And from two years of use, I can report our Peugeot workshop didn’t make any trouble when for example the COM 2000 had to be replaced.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rickenbacher, glad to see that you got a pre-heater installed. Maybe they tweaked something for you. My dealer said that they don't install Webasto on petrol engines as that system would cause problems with the temperature sensor and that again would cause some other serious issues.

Starting the car with a remote is possible to do, but not in the official dealership.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi

I was just wondering if someone has knowledge - is it possible to add pre-heating to a petrol engine (like Webasto)? Or is it possible to add a feature like starting the car via remote (keeping the doors locked)? Preferably in the Peugeot dealership as my car is still under warranty.

Winter is coming and it would be nice to have one of those features.

Thanks.
if you park near an electric outlet, I can recommend DEFA electric preheating. DEFA • World-leading automotive heating and charging solutions
I have the bluetooth warmup system. the advantage of electric preheating vs gas/diesel based, is that it does not use the 12v battery (it actually includes a charger for that) and it has a separate warmer for the cabin. I live on the west coast of norway and in the winter we regularly get ice on the car windows, the defa system removes this ice in 30-60 minutes.
if you have a gas based heater you have to drive at least 20-30 minutes, otherwise your battery will be drained.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts