Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have the following fault read from pp2000

Engine ECU
Permanent fault. Pre/post heating relay circuit relay controlled and spark plugs not supplied

Does this mean fuse might have gone, or relay not working, or glow plugs ?

I believe the fuse for this is under main fuse box in engine bay ? (any ideas how it comes out)

I am getting dpf fault come up quite often so I was thinking if glow plugs not working this may affect re-gen.

Any ideas please

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for reply

I'm still new to PP2000 but didn't see any fault codes just as previous thread

Engine ECU
Permanent fault. Pre/post heating relay circuit relay controlled and spark plugs not supplied

But using a cheap ob11 I do get P1351 code and a few others

The thing is I cant recall ever seeing my pre-heat light come on

Any ideas please

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Hi thanks for reply

I'm still new to PP2000 but didn't see any fault codes just as previous thread

Engine ECU

But using a cheap ob11 I do get P1351 code and a few others

The thing is I cant recall ever seeing my pre-heat light come on

Any ideas please
Highlight the fault description and press f6 to get more information including the fault code.

I think the glowplug lamp illuminates when the ignition is first turned on as part of the self test routine but if you have planet you can turn on the dash warning lamps to see if it does work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all

Fault code showing P1351

Reason for diag, DPF fault showing on dash then goes into sort of limp mode i.e. about 2500rpm max, rest it ok for a while then does it again. Apart from that runs well

Will do actuator test (where is relay to listen to)

Regards

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Glowplug fault is VERY common on all HDI engines it is most likely 1 or 2 bad plugs it can sometimes be the relay

The fault description says relay controlled but spark plugs not supplied !!

there are no spark plugs its diesel ;)

The description on many fault codes are vauge at best

Bad plugs can cause failure to regen but so can many other faults that you think are nothing to do with the DPF fuel cap sensor for example.

·
Registered
173 Posts
...but if there's a fault in the glowplug circuit the regent will not commence. One of the plugs is likely the cause of the fault

·
Registered
496 Posts
It won't be the relay. Replace all 4 glow plugs (about a tenner each). You will then need to tell your car it has had a new DPF fitted using planet to get rid of the warning/ limp mode (P***easy)

Trust the diagnostic fault code. FIT 4 NEW GLOW PLUGS. Not easy but needs doing. Maximum 1-2 hours labour by a (trusted) mechanic who has done the job before.

Not just the burnt out ones - ALL of them or you will be back to same problem in near future.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Update

Fitted 4 new glow plugs (2 tested as faulty) told ecu its had a new dpf filter. lets see if it fix's it.

My word the French don't make it easy :rolleyes: 5 hours in total I think 2 of them was deciding how the plug came off lol.

Thanks all :thumb:

PS Would you recommend I do a forced re gen ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts