Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried using my system on a members car which is a 1.6 HDi 55plate facelift. Well I think it is a facelift as the OBD port is in a different place than my car, which is a 2002 1.4 HDI. Mine is by the door and his was in the centre. Anyway I tried using the same selection as I use on my car, Planet and did not get the same selections as I do on mine. So I came out of that and made the other selection available and although it recognised the car again I could not interrogate the car. Can anybody advise me which of the two selections I use for a starter anyway.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
In my experience, if you select Diagbox option in the main screen, and it then defaults to PP2000, you have to get out completely [get back to main screen] and then select PP2000 as the defaulted to PP2000 will not work if you try to do a full diagnosis. Just seems to be the system's way of telling you the car is too old to use Diagbox...?

Then, if PP2000 does not function properly, you have a wiring issue between modules which you will have to sort out first.

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WillNZ I first went in to PP2000 and it did not respond like it does on my car which uses that system being 2002 model. So I started again and used Diagbox. If anything it was worse. You could select ECU but then did not get any options to delve further.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Just what I said, if Diagbox choice results in not being able to do anything, you have to select PP2000 from the get go. Then, if PP2000 does not function properly, it mostly means that modules are not connecting to the system due to bad wiring/connections/fuses so you have to carefully go through the wiring and connections to find out what is causing the lack of communication. It could also be faulty modules, but this is unlikely in most cases, so stick with checking wiring/connections/fuses as first choice.

We all know how bad peugeot wiring is.... :(

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car is a nightmare engine wise and I doubt it will pass the MOT and as he only paid £300 for it it really is no worth throwing money at it.
The rpo number you enter is it always the four digit number on the sticker by the drivers door?

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I first tried the four figure number beginning with a nine like mine and it did not work. Above that was a five figure number which I entered and it seemed to recognise it!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Works for me.. entering 9981 results in 07 March 2004 which corresponds to the date on the body plate on the car.

·
Registered
140 Posts
WillNZ I first went in to PP2000 and it did not respond like it does on my car which uses that system being 2002 model. So I started again and used Diagbox. If anything it was worse. You could select ECU but then did not get any options to delve further.
I had a fail to recognise /comunicate with engine ecu(in pp), i came out of global test and somehow selected individual engine ecu, it then gave me a list of possible ecu numbers,bosch/siemens etc i looked at ecu under bonnet and got my ecu no ,picked it from list, i think it still said failed to recognise or similar ,, but it then allowed me to read faults and carry on as normal, and delete fault faults etc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts