Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a PP2000 interface for years (about 6+) and it always worked fine with my 2006 407 1.6 HDi. The interface STILL works on that car fine, but I have also got a 2008 407 2.0 HDi. On this car, a global test fails on the engine and ABS ECUs.

Do I need a newer version of PP2000? Its a chinese clone interface and the software I use came with it. Its running on an old XP laptop.

Do I need to get a hold of Diagbox (or will I need to ditch the old interface altogether?)

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
It would be worth trying the Diagtool option in Diagbox before buying new hardware. If the car is too old for Diagtool, the software will start the Planet option in Diagbox.

Did you not get Diagbox on the disk which came with the hardware?

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Diagtool won't work as it requires other hardware.

The chances are that it's simply the software doesn't know how to communicate with the ECU's as they were designed & built after the software so you could get away with simply upgrading PP2000 to a higher version.

Diagbox should be able to communicate with the 2008 car as it has a newer database of ECU's and works fine on cars upto at least 2011. You may find that the version of PP2000 built into Diagbox has fewer options accesible on older cars than the standalone version of PP2000.

You cannot have PP2000 and Diagbox installed on the same computer unless using a vitual machine. Diagbox will run on 32 bit Windows 7 (Don't know if it will run on Windows 7 X64 though).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
My discs that came with the hardware just had PP2000 and Lexia standalone. No Diagbox.

So - best path for me is to get my hands on a latest version of PP2000 then?

Found links for "Peugeot Planet 2000 v24.99 Multilanguage" and will start downloading that now. Will report back!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Diagtool won't work as it requires other hardware.
What other hardware is that? My Proxia hardware came with a disk with both PP2000 and Diagbox.

When I start Diagbox, it offers me a choice of Planet or Diagtool. Because the only Peugeots I have a 206s, it doesn't start Diagtool if I try that, but defaults to Planet. Are you saying that if I plug into a newer Peugeot and select Diagtool it will not work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
PP2000 update

Hi, you will need to update to DiagBox and also update your interface box to Rev C.
DiagBox comes with PP2000 have a look on Garage forum for info on the software and updating your interface box if it's not already at Rev C

Geoff

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, you will need to update to DiagBox and also update your interface box to Rev C.
DiagBox comes with PP2000 have a look on Garage forum for info on the software and updating your interface box if it's not already at Rev C

Geoff
Well, I bought my interface in 2009 and my car is a 2008 so I'm HOPING that the interface is up to the job ok and its just an old version of PP2000 that's not able to ID the ECU's.

Got it downloaded now and will give it a go tonight.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
You just need updated software i would get diagbox to be honest as this gives you planet inside it anyway your adapter should be fine its just your software 2006 onwards the car software changed a little so your version may not have these changes.

Diagtool is not diagbox it is a different part of peugeots software so it will not do anything unless you have the other probes etc it wont work for us.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You just need updated software i would get diagbox to be honest as this gives you planet inside it anyway your adapter should be fine its just your software 2006 onwards the car software changed a little so your version may not have these changes.

Diagtool is not diagbox it is a different part of peugeots software so it will not do anything unless you have the other probes etc it wont work for us.
Starting a Diagbox download now. As you say, may as well go for the latest.

I've had a few "blips" in the car. Just got it last month - couple of DPF warnings on start up. Thing is.. I've yet to hear or feel the car regen. I always could tell in my 1.6 when it was happening, so I'm keen to get in via PP2000 and have a look.

I disconnected the EGR yeaterday, to see how the car drove without it (before I blank it) and its super smooth now. Mind you.. engine light and DPF warning happened shortly after and hasnt gone out. Probably because the EGR is reporting a fault I'd guess.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I can confirm that PP2000 will not work on both my 2008 407's but works on my 2003 307 and all my 406's.
Diagbox works fine on the two 407's, one of which has the older BSI and the other the newer cross-range BSI.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right... a successful day and a puzzle!

I upgraded the laptop to the latest version of Diagbox and it now seems to talk nicely to my 2008 407.

But... have a look at the first three screens on my global test... it cant interrogate the diesel additive ECU! Everything else seems ok (although, surely my car should have a tyre monitor ecu?).

What do you think? I've never heard or felt the car regen in my 2 months of ownership. Would a DPF removal/remap block ECU access like this? I did an activation of the eloys fluid pump and heard it actuating ok..

I've cleared all codes (mostly related to my disconnecting of the EGR connector) and will drive it for a few days to see what pops up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.