Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
am thru in Dunfermline and have it yes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Hi ADS77 good to know I’ve a problem that’s been bugging me with the audio side of my car I’ve been reading some earlier posts on the forum and they’ve given me a few ideas to try to see if I can solve it, if I have no luck maybe I could come back to you to see if you can help?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve the standard aux connection in the glove box which works fine and can connect a Bluetooth receiver into to stream music from my phone but can’t make calls, I’ve purchased a yatour Bluetooth kit which allows me to do both however when I connected it up the sound was distorted playing thru aux2, I know there is radio, cd, aux2 but I’ve read there is also aux1 which needs to be activated by a dealership is this correct? Hope this makes sense to you

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
ate u trying to run the Bluetooth for the music and the phone option at the same time ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's the radio the connections are the standard connections with I think the aux 2 plug at the bottom with a spare free connection into which I plugged the yatour, is this the connection for the cd changer aux1?

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the yatour allows you to listen to music and then mute should a call come thru, if I push the source button I’m only getting radio cd and aux2 given what you are saying it looks as thou my aux1 needs to be activated?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yeh would make sense that it needs activated. Can you get a pic of how it's connected at the rear of the rd4 stereo ?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
checking the rd4 wiring it looks like can only run either aux 1 or aux 2 as they both go into the same connection.

rarely seen an aux 2 being activated tbh.

u will have 3 connections in the wiring, 1 big one for the main radio wiring, 1 for aux and 1 for CD changed if fitted.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
the white cable for the aux I take it that's only connected to the aux in the glove box?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I think I tried the plug for the kit I’m trying to install in the other socket next to the white aux plug (it won’t fit in the socket for the white plug) and it fits no prob and there is sound coming from the speakers bet it is very distorted starting to think it’s maybe a faulty kit as there would be nothing coming thru at all if that second aux socket wasn’t activated, it take it then the white plug is the aux2 input and the other would be aux1 normally for the cd changer, but then I don’t have input aux1 in source menu on the radio

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yeh the kit u just got would need be into the aux section, u would only be able to run one of the aux selections, so either a kit for the phone or the aux connection in glove box, couldn't have both.

But as the kit u got doesn't seem to fit, it's mind a immaterial this now as needs to fit into where the white connection goes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok think I’ve run this as far as it’ll go now I appreciate your time and help, on a different note what is pp2000 looked into maybe purchasing one does it justify £114.00

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
pp2000 is the old Peugeot diagnostics program which has been superseded by Diagbox for the newer cars from about 2009 onwards roughly.

handy to have yes, but also dangerous if don't know what doing with it. And it's not always easy to install.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok thanks once again maybe when it suits I could meet you and you could give me a demonstration before I purchase one, it’s Steve btw thanks again

1 - 20 of 21 Posts