Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have installed pp2000 on my xp machine but when trying to start i am getting an error message (see screen shot below).

Has anybody come across similar error in their attempts to install/run planet?

Cheers

Kamil

·
Registered
552 Posts
At a glance, I'd say first remove any A/V / Process Monitoring.

I've seen plenty of machines fail to run PP2000 on anything other than a truly bare SP3 XP machine.

I'm guessing the reason for sensitivity among hardware, older being better is because of the 16bit binaries for the interface software, it's pretty old stuff, and it needs to be because the ECU is extremely basic.

An example would be a core duo based laptop, that was brought to me using Virtual PC and VMware to try and get Windows XP to fire up PP2000. It simply refused because the CPU just didn't support the ability to virtualise 16bit software. That same laptop with a native Windows XP install only worked if he didn't install anything.

Phil

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhhh crap.

This is a new laptop with fresh xp installed on it but I went and installed all crap there was for it lol.

I guess start over again.

I will post any updates.

Thanks for reply

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it working.. Yesss!

Turned out that what you said is correct. Running XP in a `safe mode` seemed to do the trick! Planet up.

Thanks philkerman for pointing me in the right direction :thumb:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Nicely done,

Have fun using it, I've lost many hours messing around!

Phil

P.S. As a side note, if it's a new laptop then I'd be inclined to suggest that you install Windows 7, then download and install Virtual PC from Microsoft, and then create a virtual Windows XP machine. You're then not gimping a perfectly good laptop just to run PP2000.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problems mate, it is actually dual boot now so have win7 and xp on it. It is only standard version so can`t use the virtual xp on it. Anyhow just f8 at the start and all is good :nod:

cheers

Kamil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts