Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I try to install PP2000 I choose the language and then it gives me an error saying saying "Installation impossible :
The version in the portable is more up-to-date than version of the CD-ROM." Anyone know how to fix this?

C

·
0 Posts
What Betty is saying is planet is/has been installed on your laptop before and is either still installed or not completely removed. So when you're trying to install it again it's failing because the version you're installing is older than the one that is/was on it before.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Use system restore to a time well before the install, that should work. You will also get this message if you have diagbox installed already (don't know if you have?). They won't run separately on the same system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Use system restore to a time well before the install, that should work. You will also get this message if you have diagbox installed already (don't know if you have?). They won't run separately on the same system.
Thank you for replying but I can't restore to any time before yesterday because I specifically put windows xp on a laptop just for this program.

·
11,992 Posts
You probably need to install XP again.

There is a guide on here detailing how to install Planet, using Ghost or Partimage to take a "snapshot" of the drive between each stage, I wrote it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You probably need to install XP again.

There is a guide on here detailing how to install Planet, using Ghost or Partimage to take a "snapshot" of the drive between each stage, I wrote it.
Thank you I will reformat the hard drive again, does it make a difference that im installing Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2? Also could it be a problem with the PP2000 I have?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can not get it to work at all, just keeps giving me the same error even after updating to Service Pack 3. Maybe its the copy I have, can someone link me to a working one?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
What is your location ? that may help as someone close to you may have a copy I downloaded a patched ISO OF Diagbox no real issues installing

If you are using the copy that needs virtual drives mounting do not try it any other way

Diagbox includes a planet install

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I live in south wales. I only need Peugeot Planet to activate the AUX on my radio and Peugeot want £45 just to active it that will take them 5 minutes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have PM ed you a link not sure if it will work though Its off my cloud drive

Let me know how you get on
Does the diagnosis actually have peugeot planet as part of the software?

Thank you for the link I'll download it now

·
11,992 Posts
I live in south wales. I only need Peugeot Planet to activate the AUX on my radio and Peugeot want £45 just to active it that will take them 5 minutes.
South Wales is a big place, was there nobody on the Planet map a reasonable distance away?

And popping the moderator hat on a moment, please don't go into too much detail about obtaining this software. Its still copyrighted to Peugeot and discussing cracked installs and sharing download links could put this forum in an awkward position.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts