Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got the planet gear, all connectors software etc... and installed PP2000 on XP and the drivers for interface and all OK and activated. When I try to connect and do a global test it will not connect, get a no reply from ECU message. The car is a 2004 307 SW 2.0 HDI. I entered the number from the door shut which I believe is the 2nd to 5th digit but no joy.
I guess I have done something wrong but I don't know what....?
I tried to install diagbox that is on the disc but it says it is corrupted and to download another version, I did that and got the same. I think it is PP2000 I need anyway for code reading etc.. for my car?

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
556 Posts
So I just got the planet gear, all connectors software etc... and installed PP2000 on XP and the drivers for interface and all OK and activated. When I try to connect and do a global test it will not connect, get a no reply from ECU message. The car is a 2004 307 SW 2.0 HDI. I entered the number from the door shut which I believe is the 2nd to 5th digit but no joy.
I guess I have done something wrong but I don't know what....?
I tried to install diagbox that is on the disc but it says it is corrupted and to download another version, I did that and got the same. I think it is PP2000 I need anyway for code reading etc.. for my car?

Any help appreciated.
The dam code is the first 4 numbers.
My lexia is about 2 years old and is the b version so I'm running diagbox 5.02 which connects to my 04 2.0 hdi(rhy engine) i did install either 7.02 or 6.01 bit got no response from any ecu even after my lexia looked up the vin on the car.
Eventually i discovered that the usb cable was fooked:-(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The dam code is the first 4 numbers.
My lexia is about 2 years old and is the b version so I'm running diagbox 5.02 which connects to my 04 2.0 hdi(rhy engine) i did install either 7.02 or 6.01 bit got no response from any ecu even after my lexia looked up the vin on the car.
Eventually i discovered that the usb cable was fooked:-(
Thanks. I did originally enter the first 4 digits as that is what the program had highlighted but that did not work so after more research i tried the second to fifth (which I know is wrong now) so not getting anywhere with it. The light on the unit just remains steady Green all the time.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Did you get two USB cables with the kit. Usually there is a long cable and a short one. If so then try the other cable. Some of the clone units struggle with the 307 for some reason. It may be possible that upgrading the interface firmware to revision C helps with connecting to 307's. Try googling for the revision C update.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My when I got my pp I had no end of issues, main one being it connected but every ecu came back as no reply. After many reinstalls and general faffing I noticed 2 of the pins in the plug, the one that you attach to the car, were bent, came from the supplier like that. Rebent them and it works perfectly. Worth a look!

My dam number is 1st to 5th although its a 2005 year.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I asked the seller about this and he said because I installed pp2000 I won't be able to install diagbox also so advised uninstalling pp2000 and installing diagbox so will give that a go. Will take a while as it took ages to install as on an old Dell Inspiron 1100 with XP. :D

·
Registered
556 Posts
I asked the seller about this and he said because I installed pp2000 I won't be able to install diagbox also so advised uninstalling pp2000 and installing diagbox so will give that a go. Will take a while as it took ages to install as on an old Dell Inspiron 1100 with XP. :D
I had an existing installation of planet and Ford ids on mine and in the end i reinstalled xp fresh then diagbox 5.02, you should be OK but if you get nowhere maybe consider that.
Mine is on a samsung q1u umpc rubbing 800mhz and 2gb ram, runs quite well tbh and only took an hour or so to install:cool:
Mine is and older b variant clone tho i imagine you'll have the c variant so you'll probably want to run 7.xx?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Well I have been trying with mine for a few days. Supposed to be version c interface now, and diagbox 7xx. When connected to 2002 307 2.0 hdi recognises VIN and gives correct car details. Do global test and it works on all the ECUs(doors, air con, radio, com2000 etc.) but get ECU not replied when it gets to the engine, ABS and Steering ECUs.
Tried both USB cables, checked EOBD plug and that end of cable, no fault can be seen.
Any suggestions please as I am getting nowhere.
Also get same result on a 2006 206 1.6 hdi.
Have reinstalled the software, anti virus and firewall disabled.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I found that Diagbox struggled communicating on my 04 plate 307 even though it worked fine on a 55 plate facelift model. I went back to PP2000 which works fine. I would only re-install Diagbox If I got a car that was too new for PP2000 as Diagbox is extremely slow on my laptop and not as intuitive as PP

Only installed diagbox to do a diagnostic on a xsara picasso for a mate.

·
11,731 Posts
Uninstalling doesn't always work. Sometimes a fresh install of the OS is required.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am putting on a fresh install of XP to see what happens with PP2000. In the meantime I tried a simple code reader on the car that i have had for ages but it did not even power up. Is this because of the system the 307 has or is my OBD socket faulty? I have checked all wiring to the pins and the actual pins abd all seems OK, the code reader works on a Ford we have so I am right that these simple code readers do not work on these cars?

I have this one:

·
11,731 Posts
As soon as you've installed XP, make an image of the drive, either with Norton Ghost or PING or Acronis (there are plenty out there). That way if things go wrong you can quickly go back to a bare image without the hassle of re-installing.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Cheers Philip, updated.
No probs bud. Looks like mines a B (Reference serial 963830 B/ Peugeot) which may indicate why I've had the problems. Must inbox you about our French friend at some point to get it sorted. A little unhappy tbh about it, and will inbox as to why, and see what you think ��

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just to update on this, the software I had for pp2000/diagbox was corrupted, was sent a new disc and all loaded OK. During this I got a friend to read the codes with a different reader that should have worked....... nothing! Now found no power at the OBD socket. Will be checking the fuses this morning, I really hope it is only a fuse blown. :nono:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts