Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anybody had any ideas on where I could be going wrong or how to get PP2000 to recognise my '08 207.

I purchased my Lexia cheap on eBay, and it didn't really come with much in the way of instructions, but I managed to install PP2000 on windows XP (32 bit), and Diagbox on Win 7 (32 bit) - both in virtual machines.

Anyway, I can't get either to connect to my car. Both are programs are activated, and open when I connect the Lexia 3 cable, so they're able to detect it, but when I connect the cable to the car to try and query it, both time out and say the ECU has not replied / responded.

I've also run the PSA interface checker, which seems to report the interface as revision C as far as I can tell - it lists C/ after the serial number anyway.

I looked at the fuse for the ODB2 port (I think - F11) but it appeared intact and I don't have any spares right now, and the port worked a few weeks ago for someone with a different scanner.

So yeah, I'm just wondering if anybody had any ideas of things to try or test as I'm new to PP / diagnostics and I'm not really sure how to figure out if it's the software, the car, or the Lexia / cable..

All ideas / comments are very welcome!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
PP2000 does not work on either of my 2008 407's so I use diagbox. Technology in the 2008 is too advanced for PP2000 I am told..

What version of diagbox have you installed?
When you installed diagbox, did you complete the installation BEFORE first plugging in the Lexia adaptor? i.e. only when diagbox asked for it?
When you start up diagbox, do you have the lexia cable plugged into your usb port on the laptop? I start mine with the lexia plugged into my laptop but not into the diagnostic port. Only plug it into the diagnostic port when I have the peugeot system running and am about to select a vehicle. Had an issue with it some time back when having it plugged into both ends and starting diagbox where it would then start looping and not selecting the vehicle. Never found out why but works when I leave the diag port unplugged at startup.
But yours is letting you get to selecting the vehicle? Does it recognise your VIN number before going to diagnostics?

Maybe, if nothing helps, track down another peugeot owner and see if it works on their vehicle?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Diagbox version I'm running is: v7.57

When I installed Diagbox I didn't plug in the Lexia until after the installation was complete, though it wasn't running when I first plugged it in.

I'm just setting up a laptop with Win 7 (32 bit) to remove the virtual machines as a problem, so when I install Diagbox this time I'll wait to plug it in. I usually have the Lexia plugged into the car before the computer, so I'll try doing the opposite.

Quite sure that it is not reading / recognising my VIN - I can't remember the exact behaviour of the program but it prompted me to enter the VIN manually.

Sadly I don't know anyone else with a Peugeot, let alone anyone that would let me plug in my dodgy Chinese clone haha. I'll update later once I've tried the new laptop install.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not had any luck :(

The Diagbox autodetect button tries to read the VIN but just times out and gives the error "Automatic detection of the vehicle interrupted"

The one thing I can find that I consider weird (but can't check to see if it's normal) is the pin connections on the cable that joins the Lexia device to the ODB2 port..

Pin 4 on the OBD2 connector end is connected to none of the pins on the round end, and pin 5 on the OBD2 connector is connected to both 4 an 5 on the circle connector. Seems a bit odd to me, but maybe that pin isn't used? Is anybody able to check theirs?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I do not use the autodetect on mine as it gives the same message as yours. I select the model [407] with ign on and then it autodetects the vin and asks me to verify it is correct. It then continues on.
The only time I am asked for the DAM is when I am diagnosing one of my 406's under PP2000.

·
5,994 Posts
I dont think auto detect works on any clone as it tries to send VIN to PSA Server to get model info. Manual select is required, My daughters 207cc would work with Diagbox and engine and few other ECU's could be read/altered with Diagbox planet.

I found that only the second option in the three versions of 207 would work

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
You say nobody will let you plug in your dodgy chinese clone they are ALL dodgy chinese clones !!

As said auto functions dont work as you have no connection to server pick manually and it will work just takes a bit of trial and error to figure it out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help, but sadly I'm getting nowhere. Manually selecting the car (I've tried all three 207 options) prompts me to connect the car up (connect a VCI) but then asks for the VIN to be input rather than detecting it. If I carry on to fault finding it scans through the devices but just returns "no dialogue." :(

·
11,830 Posts
Yep, that's good.

You need to find someone local to you with a Pug or with Planet so you can check your kit on their car and they can check theirs on yours.

·
Registered
112 Posts
diagbox wouldnt connect with my 307sw,spent ages faffing around, then decided to try pp and it asked for dam?,, put in 5 digit number of door pillar and worked perfectly,
also tried it on my citroen and it had same message as you,no communicaton with ecu or suchlike,,, was advised by others that disconnecting cable from usb port for 5 seconds then putting it back in for 5 seconds then retry would get it to connect..... and it did! weird because i didnt have to do this with pp on the 307,,,

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
diagbox wouldnt connect with my 307sw,spent ages faffing around, then decided to try pp and it asked for dam?,, put in 5 digit number of door pillar and worked perfectly,
also tried it on my citroen and it had same message as you,no communicaton with ecu or suchlike,,, was advised by others that disconnecting cable from usb port for 5 seconds then putting it back in for 5 seconds then retry would get it to connect..... and it did! weird because i didnt have to do this with pp on the 307,,,
My PP2000 does this all the time, no matter which car I use it on, disconnecting the USB and reconnecting it always solves the issue. Does not do it if I use Diagbox so must be something to do with the scaled down version of PP2000 that resides within Diagbox..? Cant remember having the issue when using the stand alone version of PP2000.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the help, but sadly I'm getting nowhere. Manually selecting the car (I've tried all three 207 options) prompts me to connect the car up (connect a VCI) but then asks for the VIN to be input rather than detecting it. If I carry on to fault finding it scans through the devices but just returns "no dialogue." :(

Hi All,

I'm having the exact same problem as the OP.

My son has a year 2010 Peugeot 207 which we were trying to retrofit cruise control to.

I bought the usual Chinese Lexia tool which came with the software (ver 7.02).
I installed it onto an old laptop with 32 bit XP.
The software seems to run OK, both PP and Diagbox.
When I plug the tool into the USB, it loads some drivers and (usually) says it is ready to use.
The blue light comes on steady on the tool.
Yet when I plug into the OBD port and switch the ignition or engine on, it constantly reports that it cannot connect to the ECU.
In fact, if I unplug the USB it gives the same response i.e as if the tool is doing nothing except making a blue light.

I have re-installed the software and tried to reload the drivers but no luck.
The OBD port is definitely working as I can plug in a cheap OBD reader with Torque Lite which communicates OK with the car.

Are there any other drivers I could try ?

I'd really appreciate any expert help on this.

Cheers,
Robbie

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update:

After hours and hours of faffing, I finally got my Lexia tool to connect a little bit to my 207 via Peugeot Planet 2000. Even then it is very temperemental about connecting.

I found the only driver that would get the tool to work was "USB Board COM Evolution Driver (Multi-instance)" which was one of two choices offered by Windows when I plugged the tool into the USB.

Unfortunately, the only ECU I can access is the BSI (which I have configured to show Cruise Control fitted)
It will not connect to the Engine ECU (in order for me to configure that for CC), nor will it connect to any other ECU.

If I try Diagbox (rather than PP2000) it does not connect to any ECU at all.

Any ideas Boffins ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got to the end of my tether :nono:

I really have tried everything I can think of including
fresh XP 32 bit install
multiple re-installations of Diagbox and updates
installation of PP2000 alone
VCI firmware changes
Windows Driver changes
Checking/bending the OBD connector pins
Ignition on. Engine on/off.

But the only ECU I can ever get to (sometimes) respond is the BSI. I can never get any other ECU to reply. I really need to tell the Engine ECU I'm fitting Cruise Control.

I'm stuck.

I'm thinking it could be a dodgy Lexia tool.

Is there anyone in Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire who would be kind enough to help me with their Lexia tool to try to figure out my problem ?

Thanks,
Robbie.

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK, if anyone is reading this - here is some useful info which might save you days of pain:

I finally got the BSI and Engine ECU's to respond and I've fitted cruise control.

How ? I gave up on the first Lexia tool that I had bought. It was one of the cheaper tools and is known as Lexia Lite. DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE !!!!!:mad:

I forked out for a LEXIA Full Chip. It looks very similar but the lead to the OBD port comes in two parts (rather than a one-piece lead with the Lexia Lite).

I bought both tools from AliExpress. Cheaper than eBay.

·
Registered
38 Posts
OK, if anyone is reading this - here is some useful info which might save you days of pain:

I finally got the BSI and Engine ECU's to respond and I've fitted cruise control.

How ? I gave up on the first Lexia tool that I had bought. It was one of the cheaper tools and is known as Lexia Lite. DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE !!!!!:mad:

I forked out for a LEXIA Full Chip. It looks very similar but the lead to the OBD port comes in two parts (rather than a one-piece lead with the Lexia Lite).

I bought both tools from AliExpress. Cheaper than eBay.

Isn't the tool/cable youre supposed to get called lexia 3?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts