Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Yes it's day 7 :stars: of me attempting to get this software on. I've been reading loads and trying so many different things. I'm close now, I've put on just the PP2000 software from an sd card in the laptops sd card slot it wouldn't take from anywhere else.
So I click on pp office, it all opens up fine, doesn't have the full list of cars but mines on there so It's ok. I plug it into the car and it comes up with the vin number etc. I click on diagnostic and it wants key for the program. Every time I try putting in customer number etc and then paste in the generated number it fails. I'm not online at all.
After a week I'm getting close to giving up. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks Guys.

G

·
0 Posts
Have you entered the version number correctly?
If you have version 22.25, you type in 22 - ignore the decimal point and the other 2 digits...

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi Guys,
Yes it's day 7 :stars: of me attempting to get this software on. I've been reading loads and trying so many different things. I'm close now, I've put on just the PP2000 software from an sd card in the laptops sd card slot it wouldn't take from anywhere else.
So I click on pp office, it all opens up fine, doesn't have the full list of cars but mines on there so It's ok. I plug it into the car and it comes up with the vin number etc. I click on diagnostic and it wants key for the program. Every time I try putting in customer number etc and then paste in the generated number it fails. I'm not online at all.
After a week I'm getting close to giving up. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks Guys.
you need to activate it manually not online

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you entered the version number correctly?
If you have version 22.25, you type in 22 - ignore the decimal point and the other 2 digits...
Ginger Majic Man, SuperStar, The Man The Myth The Legend..... Thank you so o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o mucho man.
Seriously I was at the end of my tether with it. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Guys, Just plugged it in to the van.
It came up with the vin no etc i clicked OK.
Some whiring cogs came up then it said
" Impossible to launch application! try again or try another aplication"
Any ideas please guys

G

·
0 Posts
Are you selecting Peugeot Planet, or Peugeot Planet diagnostic?
I think you only use the top one.....

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
As Ginger Magic says - you can't use the Planet diagnostic option. This requires both an account with PSA and other diagnostic tools. It isn't the option required to run diagnostic checks to find any fault codes or program additions etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you selecting Peugeot Planet, or Peugeot Planet diagnostic?
I think you only use the top one.....
Yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaa!
Fantastico! Big thank you. it's working......
You got it, I was trying the diagnostic,
Brillo, thanks again mate.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As Ginger Magic says - you can't use the Planet diagnostic option. This requires both an account with PSA and other diagnostic tools. It isn't the option required to run diagnostic checks to find any fault codes or program additions etc.
Cheers Storeman, mucho appreciated, That's brill. I'm new to it all big thanks guys for the reply's and help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Day 2 for me!

I've just got a new PP2000 (with V7.83 disk). Installed first time on a W7 32 bit machine (with 8 updates) but used wrong profile and couldn't seem to get DiagBox to run as it was trying to search for updates. Uninstalled and tried again.

Installed again and got it up to V7.02 - DiagBox started OK. Installed updates to V7.83 then took box / laptop out to car. USB drivers for box failed to install correctly and DiagBox now tries to update from Internet automatically and the update fails within 2 mins; I cannot get past this scan.

Have uninstalled again and am trying again....

I get the feeling I could make a career of this!

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I've just got a new PP2000 (with V7.83 disk). Installed first time on a W7 32 bit machine (with 8 updates) but used wrong profile and couldn't seem to get DiagBox to run as it was trying to search for updates. Uninstalled and tried again.

Installed again and got it up to V7.02 - DiagBox started OK. Installed updates to V7.83 then took box / laptop out to car. USB drivers for box failed to install correctly and DiagBox now tries to update from Internet automatically and the update fails within 2 mins; I cannot get past this scan.

Have uninstalled again and am trying again....

I get the feeling I could make a career of this!
You need to disable the wifi and prevent it connecting to the internet. You should be able to re-install the USB driver from the install disk. There is no way you will succesfully log on to the internet server as you don't have a PSA account with user ID & password.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks, Storeman. Uninstalled and re-installed and just installed 7.01 then 7.02. Connected USB OK and it seemed to work OK; connected to vehicle and didn't read VIN or any data from ECU. Will try and continue today.

G

·
0 Posts
If you have a 2003 car - would you be better off using PP2000 instead, mine has worked fine except on a 2012 308...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Many thanks, Gingernut. Having got the diagnostic hardware including Diagbox, would PP2000 work with this? Would you recommend trying to get PP2000 and does it work with Windows 7 (32 bit)?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts