5K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  jimmymarsbar 
#1 ·
i have just bought pp2000 for use with my 308 could any body tell me
1 if i have to install lexia 3 as well as pp2000,
2 does the laptop have to be plugged into the car when setting up the software
3 any hints or tips would be great
thankyou

#8 ·
I am trying to do what you have done , RE: enable the CD changer on the 308 so i can use the Yatour device.

I dont have much experience with pp2000.

Is there any chance you remember some of the steps/ folders that you took to enable it ?

I am finding it quite difficult to find this information online.

Any help/suggestions would be amazing !

All the Best,
Robert

#9 ·
This thread died off over 5 years ago, the members who contributed may not be active users,

You may be better using diagbox for the 308 - PP2000 is better suited to older models.

If you run a global test in Diagbox, go in to CD player, and search through the options in there to find what you're looking for. It could be in BSI, however, I haven't needed to activate CD changer so I'm not entirely sure. Hopefully someone who has done this picks up your post

#10 ·
PP2000 will be able to do some things on a 308 but the majority of the ECU's are newer than the software so the software ignores them> Diagbox is what you need. PP2000 cannot work with all the ecu's in my sons 57 plate 207. Anything after 2006 (mabe 2005) really needs diagbox.

#14 ·
Going to the dealer for diagnostic information is OK, it's what they do with the information that is most important. More often than not, they'll not give you ALL the information, and could just fob you off by replacing parts left, right and centre.

If you have the equipment, you have access to every shred of data and information needed to get to the bottom of the issues

#13 ·
No problem, Having the equipment yourself and learning how to use it will end up paying for itself and saving you money in the long run. If you already have a laptop lying around that you can use then the first time it saves you having to take the car to a dealers for a diagnostic, the money you will save will have paid off the cost of the kit with a bit left over to pay for a few pints as well. Once you get familiar with the software you may find you want to assist others by making yourself available to do diagnostics for other membersfor a small consideration :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.