Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im running some checks on my 307 with one of the guys from here it comes up with incorrect matching of the ecu...... any ideas?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well initially it was an anti pollution fault that came up and i got in touch with paul (deeztheweez) amd he was kind enough to come plug it into pp2000... after runing the fault reading it came up with that fault amd wasnt recognising the ecu we took it out and saw it is a siemens sid801 and went into it throught there.... found a few issues something to do incorrect gas measurements or something like that... aswell as the usual abs assosiated faults..... and another thing if someone knows as soon as plugged in it said something about the vanity mirror litghs and rear piwer supply spcket( the 12v ciggaretter lighter socket.... anyhow if someone has some ideas.... that car works and runs fine and every now and then itll go into limp mode.....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any one with any ideas on this?

im gonna try and block the egr see if that resolves the current issue but it is still buging me =....

·
Registered
437 Posts
My Planet will ask me to confirm if I have rear 12v socket and vanity mirror. I'm not sure why but I have both so I always tick them.

When Planet is hooked up you should see your VIN number in the top left hand corner. I'd check that the vin is displayed and matches the car. May be a long shot though.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we got the same thing when plugged in something about the vanity mirrors and rear 12v socket...

the vin displayed is the same as the cars....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also had the error message that my ecu wasnt correct for my car and wasnt able to get any further than that

Anybody with ideas?

·
Registered
488 Posts
I also had the error message that my ecu wasnt correct for my car and wasnt able to get any further than that

Anybody with ideas?
If it has not recognised the engine ecu in the Global test then go back to "test by ecu" and then enter the engine petrol or diesel...engine code (can be got from vin.....e.g. vin no vf33ckfuc12345678 means the engine code is KFU) select this and then keep selecting and it should eventually get you into the engine ecu..:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Kinda along these lines... Is a faulty OBD socket common? We seemed to have an issue with the PP and also my personal generic code reader having a hard time connecting unless you put downward pressure on the plugs.

Don't know if that would be related.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If it has not recognised the engine ecu in the Global test then go back to "test by ecu" and then enter the engine petrol or diesel...engine code (can be got from vin.....e.g. vin no vf33ckfuc12345678 means the engine code is KFU) select this and then keep selecting and it should eventually get you into the engine ecu..:)
I'll try and contact the member that helped me and go from there.

Cheers

·
Registered
488 Posts
Kinda along these lines... Is a faulty OBD socket common? We seemed to have an issue with the PP and also my personal generic code reader having a hard time connecting unless you put downward pressure on the plugs.

If your getting coms with all other ecu's then the obd connector maybe fine..thats unless the pin(s) for the engine ecu are damaged..:confused:

·
11,731 Posts

Maybe the port has had a bang or knock? Its a little harder for this to happen on the 307 though, I could see this on the 306 with it being so low in the driver's footwell.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts