Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

went to the car earlier to search for the elusive CC options, and while there did a global test and everything was fine until it gets to the ECU where it reports: pp2000 unknown reference, ECU being referenced.

Any ideas what that is? as when the test are done, if I highlight the ECU then click OK, it quickly displays the 'turn ignition on...... etc etc' and almost immediately goes back to the results screen I just came from with all the test results etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Mark.

PS. 53 plate 307 s

D

·
0 Posts
Don't worry about that just continue on. press F3 for yes as far as i remember.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't worry about that just continue on. press F3 for yes as far as i remember.
As far as I can remember, I dont get the F3 option, when I highlight the Engine ECU i can press OK, which then takes me to the screen where it says turn on ignition along with another bit of text where you normally have to press OK again, but on that screen it displays for a split second then goes back to the previous screen so I can never get any further (instrument panel had an error and when i clicked that one and OK, it went to the menu with the identification/fault reading/clearing options etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you not just turn on cc through BSI , if Global doesn`t work then do it "By ECU" .
Yeah I can turn on CC via the BSI as found that but didnt want to turn it on yet as wanted to see if it was available on our car etc (dont even have the CC stalk yet lol!)

Still completely wet behind the ears when it comes to pp at the mo as only had it since last week and barely get time to go out and have a proper look around etc (dosnt help when battery in the laptop dosnt last anywhere near as long as it should!)

I think I remember seeing somewhere about possibly a weak battery (car, not laptop lol) and someone suggested running it with the engine running. can pp be safely used with the engine running so your not continually draining the car battery?

J

·
0 Posts
Certain things need to have the engine running, and for reading off real-time parameters, so I personally would use it (and have used it) with engine running.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, will give all suggestions a go tomorrow when I get home from work and recharged the laptop.

Bettyswollocks: remember where I saw about engine running etc was by you on another forum ;) lol....

·
11,873 Posts
This is a global update to a number of old threads, in case anyone else searches for the term:

pp2000 unknown reference, ECU being referenced

I had this on my 2003 307 using Planet or Diagbox and Lexia hardware with revision B firmware. Every ECU except Engine would read.

This causes problems if you want to read or clear fault codes, run parameters measurement on the key components of the engine, or do any configuration changes.

After some investigation with fellow member PAZ45 we found that the Engine ECU could only be read with Diagbox 7 and Lexia running version C firmware.

To check which firmware you Lexia cable is using, download and run the PSA Interface Checker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts