1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all
just got the pp2000
what are all the leads for?

box (with peugeot/citroen) and lead with round connection on (i understand that one)
usb lead i understand

short usb ??
lead with 2 battery clips, multi plug and a 2 pin connector????

also where do you plug this into, car not here at moment, but would like to know where the socket on the car is?

lastly there is a small socket on the pp2000 next to where you connect the diag lead what is that for as i do not seem to have a lead for that?

my car is a 2004 307 hdi xsi 2.0

many thanks

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
short usb - as its named, is there if you dont want a lot of cable running around, getting tangled etc.

battery clips - are for the measurement of power etc

big plug thing - for older cars

the socket in the car is below the steering wheel on the right hand side, plastic screwed panel. turn 90 degrees and pull panel....socket it behind.

the small socket on the pp2000 is for programming the device itself using eprom etc

this is from what i gathered...not sure how much is accurate....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cck2k9 said:
short usb - as its named, is there if you dont want a lot of cable running around, getting tangled etc.

battery clips - are for the measurement of power etc

big plug thing - for older cars

the socket in the car is below the steering wheel on the right hand side, plastic screwed panel. turn 90 degrees and pull panel....socket it behind.

the small socket on the pp2000 is for programming the device itself using eprom etc

this is from what i gathered...not sure how much is accurate....

Thanks for reply....

"big plug thing" what is that one?

in the kit came

1 control box
1 lead to connect to that box ending with a green shroud.
2 usb leads
1 lead with a multiplug one end, a short wire with a 2 pin male connection and a long wire with 2 battery clips (red and black)

it is the last wire i am confused with. does it plug into the green end of the lead that goes to the box? and if so what is the 2 pin male connector for? if the the 2 clips are for battery measurement etc.

thanks again

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
bing said:
Thanks for reply....

"big plug thing" what is that one?

in the kit came

1 control box
1 lead to connect to that box ending with a green shroud.
2 usb leads
1 lead with a multiplug one end, a short wire with a 2 pin male connection and a long wire with 2 battery clips (red and black)

it is the last wire i am confused with. does it plug into the green end of the lead that goes to the box? and if so what is the 2 pin male connector for? if the the 2 clips are for battery measurement etc.

thanks again

you may have not got the big plug in your kit....its kinda too big to miss... the 2 pin connector is for (at a guess) an earth connector....it connects onto the diagnostic part that connects to the car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
I dont think it would be an earth as it has 2 seperate contacts. (might be wrong though)

no I dont have the big plug thing then lol.
cheers

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine is still sealed in the bag as well. Only ever used the short usb, the main interface unit, the short serial adapter with big round plug and the long lead to the connector on the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts