Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has just bought a 307 2.0 HDi (2005). Its called a silverline, if thats relevant. The eml comes on and the code reader gives 4 error codes, P2084, P1350, P1351 and P1447, all saying "Powertrain". Ive cleared the codes twice and they'll stay off for a few hours but eventually return.

Can anyone shed light on what the powertrain is, and what we should do? thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
powertrain is a broad brush term for all the bits that make the car go..

What diagnostic device are you using?

From the error codes, it sounds like you probably have issues with DPF and/or EGR system/s. You need to get live readings to measure what state the DPF is in for a start.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. It came up with an antipolution fault on the screen too.I'm just using a cheap plug in code reader I got off eBay for next to nothing, but it reads the codes and lets me clear them. It does some live stuff but I shouldnt think it will let me see whats happening with the DPF and EGR. I'm used to blanking EGR's but I've no experience of DPFs. If its the latter does it mean a removal and remap? Cheers.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
DPF removal needs reprogramming and is illegal to remove in most places anyway. Rather get it diagnosed/working.

Get it scanned with Diagbox before going down that route. Live data will tell you exactly what the state of it is.

You can remove it and pressure blast it clean if it is blocked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Will. I'm in Scotland and I'm not sure if its illegal to remove the DPF, but I know its a common practice here. I'll make enquiries. Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts