Peugeot Forums banner

powerless hdi

12K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  IanML 
#1 ·
hi guys new to the forum and got a problem.
i have an 02 plate 1.4 hdi and it has lost all power, its like there is no turbo or the engine is restricted. if i unplug the air flow meter there is no differance its still restricted, i read in another thread about the cat so i dropped that and its rattling about, so i fired it up and still no differance.:(

can anyone help? i think it might be the afm but i dont no how to test it, any help will be great.

#2 ·
roon206 said:
hi guys new to the forum and got a problem.
i have an 02 plate 1.4 hdi and it has lost all power, its like there is no turbo or the engine is restricted. if i unplug the air flow meter there is no differance its still restricted
By unplugging your air flow meter and finding no change that would then indicate that when it is attached its not doing its job , try a breakers get an airflow meter and try it, if it doesn`t cure it bring it back to the breakers and get charged 10%.

#10 ·
#14 ·
Nothing listed on Servicebox.

There's a sensor on the back of the engine (number 9 on the image attached), this is simply listed as a temp sensor. I guess this would just be an engine temp sensor.

You'd expect the sensor to be found either on the fuel rail (NOT the pressure sensor at the end of it), or somewhere in between the filter and rail.

Attachments

#15 ·
Thanks for your help Jimmy, Got it booked in at a local garage who doesn't rip you off! For another opinion.
Just gonna give him as much info as I can from this and other blogs ref P0183.

The Auto Electrician didn't fancy fixing P0183 but did mention a fault with a glow plug. Getting those tested too. Not sure if that would put the car into limp mode tho?

#17 ·
Couldn't Tell you, he's the only local Auto Electrician, charged £30 to tell me the fault code and that it was telling him that it was linked to the fuel temp sensor.
He clearly didn't fancy the job.
I'm getting a newer car soon and to sell this one in limp mode I'd have to give it away.
Just want it out of limp mode.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.