Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my engine mount with a Powerflex one a few days ago and now the car is vibrating like crazy when idling! the steering wheel vibrates, I can see the bonnet vibrating, everything under the bonnet.. engine, wires, pipes.. going crazy..
Once I start moving it's grand, no bothers.

I know the bracket that holds the mount to the frame is kind of touching the sides of the mount, since the mount has a lip all around it, maybe 5mm each side. I'm thinking of cutting away a section of it, but said I'd ask here first to see what experience other people have had with them, if any.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Which Powerflex one's did you use? Some Powerflex bushes are known to be a bit stiffer, standard rubber can have more flexibility absorbing those vibrations.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which Powerflex one's did you use? Some Powerflex bushes are known to be a bit stiffer, standard rubber can have more flexibility absorbing those vibrations.
It's the PFF50-306, 70mm, but it doesn't look the same as the images. The images have a cutout on the side and two big washers. Mine doesn't have these just solid "poly" all around. Think somebody pawned off an earlier model to me on eBay?

·
Registered
825 Posts
It's the PFF50-306, 70mm, but it doesn't look the same as the images. The images have a cutout on the side and two big washers. Mine doesn't have these just solid "poly" all around. Think somebody pawned off an earlier model to me on eBay?
Didn't realise the 306 engine mount bush fitted the 407!!

The 306 polyflex bush was updated to include the metal washers as the original used to tear up. You've got the old version.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts