Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there new task, (407sw 1.6hdi s spec)
Im after fitting a secondary Battery to power some work lights, thinking of using a gel lead battery 17 amp or so,
How do i do it keeping costs at a minimum! (is there a power lead in the rear already for 12n towing electrics?)
Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Depends on you're tow hitch socket.
How do you plan on charging the battery?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No towbar/electrics fitted looking to see if peug put cabeling in to the back ready or not,
Charging theres another question?

I do now that there is a permant 12v to the boot socket, but think
This is of little use
The lights are 2x55w (driving lights) units and a future of 2x 55w fog lights ( all rear mounted, on roof bar,

D

·
0 Posts
I think you've got your work cut out.
for charging, you'll need a split charge relay for keeping the accessory battery seperate to the starting battery.
Plus you'll need fairly heavy wiring running from the alternator. The thickness of the wire is dependent on voltage drop over distance and other factors like accessory battery size etc.
You'll need the accessory battery clamped down also, with vents to let vapours out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Easier yes but not efficiant and slow charging,
Still need to find a switch iginition feed to turn off rear socket as permeant live,

Think i might drop the 55w halogens now and fit some l.e.d units instead then can drop the lot and run direct of car battery as only around 10w for both instead of 110w but have no idea what sort of light output they will give?

D

·
0 Posts
Easier yes but not efficiant and slow charging,
Still need to find a switch iginition feed to turn off rear socket as permeant live,

Think i might drop the 55w halogens now and fit some l.e.d units instead then can drop the lot and run direct of car battery as only around 10w for both instead of 110w but have no idea what sort of light output they will give?
what is last eight numbers of chassis?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will find out in morning,
Just hunting solutions that may be of use as currently i have light bar on a separate uncharged battery which i have to keep taking out to charge and want to try to make life simpler?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would love a van....... Make my whole job easier
Pitty the boss don't :mad:

Nice expert :lick:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts