Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my wife wanted some DVD headrest installing in her 407 (1.6 hdi s) to keep the kids quiet in the back whilst driving here there and everywhere with them. I have fitted them but now i want to attach the power to the cig lighter in the center arm rest.

Now I do not have a haynes book so i wanted to ask the helpful people on here how do I go about removing the arm rest and any good ideas best for connecting the wires, i.e. soilder it or scotch lock, block connector e.t.c.

Any advice and photos if poss to help me will be much appreceated.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i cant help with taking off the armrest, but putting electrics into a car i can... for something like that you will need to make sure you solder and heatshrink the connections. oh and btw you will also need to a stick an inline fuse/resistor to get the right voltage to your devices. i was looking into hard wiring my satnav into the car, thinking it would be a simple job of cutting the adaptor of the end and putting it but then i realised a satnav wouldnt like 12volts and the amps that come with it, directly, if you follow what i am saying.

one method to think about is to fit a multi cig lighter into the wires for the current. plug the dvd adaptors in, tape them securely in so they wont come out and hide everything under the center console. makes the job far easier in my eyes, especially if your new to electrics.

hope this helps :thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts