Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I need a new power steering pump for my 407, I'm getting one from an old car and installing it myself as I feel okay doing so with the help of a Haynes. :) In the manual it says about replacing the O ring on the connection between the high pressure hose and the pump, I emailed my local dealer and they quite unhelpfully said I need to buy the whole hose @ £120 just to get the O ring.
Does anybody know if the O ring actually needs to be replaced or could I just use the old one?...or can I get one similar from elsewhere?
..Also there is a metal clamp thing on the low pressure return hose.. I'm assuming this can be opened and closed pretty easily?..
I'd be very appreciative of any help.
Thanks!
Martin

·
Registered
111 Posts
O ring

Hi marting I would imagine if you go to a local spares shop or a local mechanic they would be able to supply you with an O ring the size you need as when I was a truck driver the garage had a box of assorted sizes of O rings so did my local spares shop. As for the clamp I would imagine its a matter of opening and closing or replace with a similar clamp.Hope this helps you.pete407sw.:thumb:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey I assume, you have vibrations when turning @ low speeds or its kicking out power steering fluid on the cap? Is there any way you can post some pictures and size of the O ring, since I am planning similar action as soon as Haynes arrives :)

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts