Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one,
I bought a 307 2.0 petrol 2005. and i have a problem with my power steering. when i start the engine it runs OK but after a little while it becomes very very heavy and a while longer its back to normal and stays changing to heavy and smooth whenever it likes i dont know why, i went to a local mechanic he answered me with just change the PS pump:nono:.

please anyone any suggestions!!

thanks a bunch!!

J

·
0 Posts
Might have air trapped inside it perhaps??
Is it the electric power steering pump in yours??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i really don't know if its an electrical one, how can i know!!??
and if there is air in what should i do.

thanks for the reply

·
Registered
2 Posts
307 power steering failed

See if you can see this under the bonnet Peugeot 307 electric hydraulic power steering failing

If it is like this, you can run the engine with the filler cap off and see what the fluid is doing - if there is air bubbles, and what the level is like.

dear jmkent, i have the same case with my peugeot 307 ,,, if i checked the fluid and i fund the bubbles, then what i have to do please ?

J

·
0 Posts
Is yours the electric pump?

If so, the solution we've been given to the power steering on the 407 is to overfill the power steering fluid by 1/2 to 1" above the maximum line, and then leave the cap off and run the engine for 10-15 mins to try and bleed/de-air the system. This would seem to be the recommended procedure from Peugeot.

If it is the electric pump version, don't use normal power steering fluid, make sure you use the correct Total Fluide DA from the dealers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
RE: 307 Electric Power Steering Part Number

Dear JMKent,

My 307 steering pump is leaking and the steering become very heavy after it start for around 20 minutes.

Can you advise me what is the part number of the parts so that i can buy online.if you have any good recommendation on the supplier is also good, my chassis/VIN number is VF33CNFUE82540343。

Many Thanks!
TY Chang

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dear JMKent,

My 307 steering pump is leaking and the steering become very heavy after it start for around 20 minutes.

Can you advise me what is the part number of the parts so that i can buy online.if you have any good recommendation on the supplier is also good, my chassis/VIN number is VF33CNFUE82540343。

Many Thanks!
TY Chang
part shown on service box is 4008 E6

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have same problem as you. Replace already but still heavy. Sometime when i press brake paddle suddenly it's soft. Diagnostic but no error found.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is electric motor. I think connector problem. When i clean connector that connect to motor, it work asusual but not to long. A few minutes later it back hard. Any idea where i can get this connector?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, my 307 SW 2005 petrol had a intermittent power steering problem. Once in a while it stopped working.
I checked the oil level, connections at the pump and also the fuses.
There is a fuse box inside the engine compartment and underneath this fuse box is located a row of BIG fuses. The 70 Amp fuse for the pump is the number 8.
In my case there was a bad contact between the fuse and the connector.
Contacts cleaned, added some pressure to the contacts and so far is working fine.
I hope this helps..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi, my 307 SW 2005 petrol had a intermittent power steering problem. Once in a while it stopped working.
I checked the oil level, connections at the pump and also the fuses.
There is a fuse box inside the engine compartment and underneath this fuse box is located a row of BIG fuses. The 70 Amp fuse for the pump is the number 8.
In my case there was a bad contact between the fuse and the connector.
Contacts cleaned, added some pressure to the contacts and so far is working fine.
I hope this helps..
i've just read your post rnopper. i have the very same thing happening but not that often so i'll check out that fuse connection

·
Registered
2 Posts
Peugeot 307xsi

Hi i have a peugeot 307xsi petrol 2004 .The steering pump went so replaced with s/h unit. The problem is now that the pump only kicks in once the car has started moving ,after a few feet all is well and the steering is light ,bur when engine switched off then it has to be moving again before the steering works It iS an electric pump . Any advice? is the fault mechanical or electrical?
Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts