Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I own a 307 1.6 hdi, yesterday the power steering started to play, it is on end off intermittently but mostly off now. I have tried to connect Gigabox but when it scan for the EPS it come out in red with communication error, I've been reading that could be the bsm. I have checked the big fuse under the bonnet but it look ok, I did clean the contact anyway put back the fuse and it was working but just for a bit now it doesn't again. I did left the car for few hours and when I tried again was working, now is not. Should I get a new pump or a new BSM? the communication error that I get is more likely relate to BSM or pump? Thank you in advance for any help

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thank you for reply, sorry I do my best to be clear but as I'm Italian and English is not my first language sometime it is difficult. Yes check the oil was the first thing I have done. The fact that Digabox doesn't see the pump EPS make me thinking that I got a faulty pump, but someone in the forum suggest that can be the bsm under bonnet, I have checked the big fuse 70a cleaned and reinstall, after that it worked just for a bit but then the power steering went off again, at the moment its not working no power steering. My question is, could it be cause of a bad bsm or it's the pomp? or anything also? thank you

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Next question is is it the correct oil as they need the French oil only. Have you topped it up at all and used other fluid oil? For the BSI to be the culprit I doubt it but follow the procedure detailed on the forum to reset it. Try and get the car read with the Peugeot system pp2K for the real deal regards messages. Maybe there is someone in your area who could/would help out. Also try and give as much detail as you can when asking for help for instance mention you have checked the oil level as we have to start off with the basics to try and get a full picture of any faults. It saves time too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's for helping :) The pump stop working yesterday I don't know about the oil, but probably it has been topped up, but I'm not sure, It has been on a garage, I have the clutch done, but the guy said that he didn't touch anything relate to power steering and he has not clue, does the oil completely stop the pump running? I don't hear the motor at all, and now it's not intermittent it has just stopped! Do you mean PP2000? I don't have it installed at the moment. I use diagbox which I thought was the same. I have already tried the BSI reset but still not working. I have also tried to clean the contact in the motor terminal but nothing, again no luck. I'm running out of idea. From what I'm reading could be the fuse box under the bonnet or the pump, which one? it is a gamble...I think I will change the fuse box which is cheaper and easy to replace

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Wrong oil could damage the pump and seals. Might be best to drain and fill with the correct fluid in the long term. Can you not just disconnect the battery and then the pumps plug and supply direct 12v to see if pump runs?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
probably I'm wrong but I think that the pump need a signal from same ware, most likely from the multi cable plug, If I do what you suggesting I will not find out if is working or not, because if it doesn't receive a signal it will not run with direct connection anyway, (correct me if I'm wrong). I can check if it get power by testing the plug..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
the power supply to the pump is good, I got 12+ volt on the pump cables! that's suggest me that the pump is gone, as I have tried all the other suggestions. There are meany pump which seems to be all the same but with different number.. My question: If I do buy a pump with different number for peg 307 will it work, my pump is 9554151080 I can't find a cheap used part. Please help if you know this information....does need to be code? this is another question that nobody seems to have a straight answer, it's could be because only the pumps with the same numbers will working out of the box, the other need to be code, this will explain why some people got it working without coding and other don't. before I buy I'm wait for you suggestion guys

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Power steering pump on these needs power AND a signal from engine ECU and ABS speed signal it is also networked to the rest of the computers so it could simply be a bad connection breaking the chain of signals the BSM does indeed play a part in this process

Use diagbox and see if the ABS etc has lost comms with the pump.

If nothing is talking to it it MIGHT be faulty but no power can give no comms too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you guys!! I have checked the power supply and I got power come from the plug with 2 wires, also I have used Diagbox, it come out with EPS communications error or something similar.. I get a new (used) BSM it will be delivered hopefully today, but I doubt that it will make any difference as I really start to thinking that is the pump itself. The ABS is the only thing that I haven't checked, but I have no warning light on dash. I will keep update as sun I got the BSM installed. Thank you for your very informative help is very appreciate :)

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Sorry but in English terms you did not say that but as you are Italian I understand the language communication problem so don't be offended if people query your replies. We are only trying to help you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I'm not offended at all don't worry, but if you read post number 7 I did mentioned about it in English terms :) Yes my English is not perfect but Is not unreadable..Anyway I know that people are here to help and I'm very appreciate it and I will try my best to do the same :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello, yesterday I change the BSM but it didn't work! I change the pump which take me about 1 hour, and bingo :lol: the power steering now is back ! yes was the pump.
My problem start with intermittent steering power which last for a couple of day and then it completely stop working. I have tried all the thing suggested in this forum: checked big fuse, alternator, new BSM, cleaned contact at the plugs but turn out the was the pump itself.
If somebody is wandering if the pump need to be code, this is the answer: The pump does't need to be code only if you bay one with the same number of the faulty one, other wise it need to be code. Thank you for all your help, very appreciate

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Good but now I go back to the oil in the pump. If somebody has used the wrong oil previously the new pump could fail. So I would drain and refill with the correct oil recommended to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes my friend I have done it already and the steering is very light, no noisy at all! Good second hand pump which cost me only 29 quid :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you for advises, yes I have already change the oil and the steering is very light now, the pump cost me only 29 quid from ebay, the pump look like a good second hand one, no noisy at all. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts