Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'll give a bit of a back story to my problem. I had to change my starter motor in turn I reconnected the battery the wrong way round (Negative on positive and positive on negative). Which in turn blew up my alternator. I then changed my Alternator and my battery and my starter motor but as soon as I reversed out my driveway I noticed the power steering was gone - non existent. I have now changed my power steering pump but still does not work. I have checked the fuses and they are all fine. I am not very car savy so dont really know what else to do please help. Thank you

Car is a Peugeot 307 - 04 - 1.6 Sport - Petrol.

Its also electrical power steering.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Well lets hope you have learnt a lesson in that note how things come apart and make sure they go back the same way. Is the steering rack motor pump electrical connector accessible? If so disconnect it and check the motors wiring for continuity.
Upon re-reading your double entries! I see you went and changed the pump so you need to try and check the wiring to the pump. I am assuming that the new pump was indeed a new pump and not second hand that is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts