Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a peugeot 207 SW 2010. I was driving it last week and the power steering light came on followed by the ABS light and STOP. I pulled over and restarted the engine the electrics came on but the engine wouldn't start. When the breakdown van came it was fine again. I drove it to the garage I bought it from. They have said they think it is an earth fault but that it could be the car's computer. I am worried it is going down the line that other posts have mentioned. I do not know whether to trade it in and get a different car or take my chances.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You need to take your car to a Peugeot dealer (or get the fault code yourself). If it's the correct fault code, Peugeot will replace your power steering motor as part of a recall for the fault. If your car is less than 120 months old the recall still applies and Peugeot will pay for it. You may be charged a diagnostic fee by your Peugeot dealer. I had mine changed a couple of years ago. It's worth checking the fault code with your Peugeot dealer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry, I forgot to add, check the engine compartment fusebox. Remove the connectors (the 3 big ones), check for signs of water or corrosion in the sockets. If it's not the power steering motor, it could be water in the fusebox (its located to the right of the battery). That fault is caused by a faulty screen washer pump, they are cheap to replace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts