Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys . hope u can shed some light on my problem. I have power steering fluid leaking out my power steering cap . is there a hole in it for some reason . or is ment to be there . its pissing out . losing power steering . ??

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

cheers for the reply dave , i had already read that thread , i think i will drain and replace fluid before i think about pumps and pipes , :lol:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Me to as well, I kept filling it up 4-5 times and last 100km it is stable, it keeps levels so it might be that fluid got "refreshed" a bit,

And according to my dad who has been servicing whole lot massive hydraulic presses for last 35 years, if there is a hole in the intake hose, pump will suck air thru it and create bubbling.

Now this being an idea, I was planning when it gets warmer to take the fluid by small vacuum pipe (made from the air compressor and container and the hose. Inspired by by this fella ).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem on my 54 plate 3ltr V6 had 2 new power steering racks and it still happens. they are about £1000 a go so i am just topping it up for the moment. Mine leaks out of the Nearside Gator. Apparently the new peugeot genuine rack will sort the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts