Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi had a couple of problems with my power steering.
Occasional warning messages when i start the car and sometimes, and going around corners the steering goes very very heavy.

Checked the oil level for the power steering it was very low.

Checked again later it was fine, but this time the wheels where turned to full right lock. First time i checked the wheels where straight.

Should the oil level be checked with the wheels straight or turned?

There doesn't appear to be any oil leaking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
there may be a bit of air in the system, unscrew the cap give it a few turns lock to lock then check the level, i topped mine up to about 15-20mm from the top of the neck as i was suffering from steering judder, get a mate to turn it lock to lock while you check the level & if its still low just top it up to 20mm above max, make sure you use the correct fluid aswell, i think its called something like steering fluide de & its can be bought atany peugeot dealer. let us know how you get on, lee

G

·
The level should be checked with the engine running. Start her up, turn the wheel all the way to max lock, then turn it the other way to max lock, then straighten the wheel dead ahead. Then, with the engine still running, do you check the fluid level.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been checking the level frequently for a while now, and it keeps dropping very very slowly, and i have to keep topping it up.

I do find, as suggested, its best to run the engine and turn the wheels. You can see the air bubbling out.

I will have to take to it somewhere to get it fixed.

Thanks for everyones help on this subject

1 - 4 of 4 Posts